Burbalade Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Test fit everything today and found out the tie rod hits the diff cover and spring retainers, and the stabilizer mounts hit the springs. The ARB cover sticks out a little further and the older knuckles tuck the tie rod in closer to the axle. Guess I'll take the ball joints and spindle studs back out and send the driver side knuckle off to Sky for high steer.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Picked up a 16.5 spare with more tread and less dry rot than the MT on the H2 wheel, plus it will fit my old spare wheel with the correct backspacing for my spare tire carrier.
And I got a GMT800 master cylinder and hydroboost unit to go with the rear discs.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Used to be. Now the work truck is. Once I get this finished up and I'm not dumping every paycheck into it I might get something else as a DD.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Not much progress, work has been keeping me busy. Did get the driver side knuckle back from Sky and it looks like I'll need to lose the zero rate for tie rod clearance now. But that'll push the axle too far forward, so I'll at minimum need offset main leafs to get it back where it needs to be. Dodge 52s may work there.

Got the Baja swapped onto my 8 lug spare with the correct backspacing. Then picked up a set of Bajas, now trying to find mag runflats before I swap them over so I can just leave the rubber runflats in the MTs instead of having to take them out and put them in the Bajas.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Minor updates. Picked up a set of PIAA driving lights, which simplified both mounting and HID swapping vs the Hellas. Have 55w 4300k HIDs going in.

Got the high steer parts in and slapped them on loose just to check clearances. More issues! Spring/tie rod clearance means I need to lose the zero rate. Losing the zero rate pushes the axle forward which causes the tie rod to hit the drag link. And the brackets for the stabilizers just aren't going to work at all, which means I need to either weld tabs onto the tie rod or find a different location. May use the factory tie rod location on the knuckles, but that would require longer stabilizers. Solution to the first two problems is to use Dodge 52s instead of GM 52s. The Dodge 52s have the center pin offset by 2", which would get the axle where it needs to be without the thickness of the zero rate. Building a custom pack should also get me the spring rate I need and bring the front end back down to level.

PVC inserts came in today so the Bajas should be mounted up soon.
Might be getting a locker for the D50.

Last edited:

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
I'm sorry Dana 50, but it's time for you to move on. I've found someone else now.