Burbalade Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Very little work to waste. The high steer outers are where the bulk of the money is, and those are going to swap right over. Steering, diff cover, etc. are all being swapped over. Only thing I bought that can't swap over is the 50 gears and install kit, which weren't installed yet anyway.

I've been looking for a ball joint D60 center since since before I started the 8x6.5 conversion. Everything I've been buying has been with the idea of swapping to a 60 later on.

And today, later on has finally come.

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its looking great, im currently putting 1 ton chevy axles in my 78 dodge w150 play toy, i know all about one thing causes 4 different problems on these axle swaps, and takes all the money out of your wallet. It will all be worth it once its done and unbreakable.

Keep at it.

laxman21

Reaction score
Went to the pick n pull today now equipped with a sawzall to get rid of the one spun out wheel stud that was holding the other wheel spacer on, to get the brakes off the NBS 2500HD I spotted last time, and to check and see if an Excursion front drive shaft would work with my SAS.

The spacer was off of the truck less than three minutes after I walked in the front door. Went back to the NBS to discover that someone had already pulled the entire axle, and it will likely soon be up on craigslist for around $1000. Looked for the Excursion I saw last time but couldn't find it. During my search out of the corner of my eye I saw "Trail Master" on the back of a Suburban, so I had to check it out. Front seats were toast, door trim was half there and faded to hell, dash trim was busted and faded, center console was mostly gone with a few busted pieces sitting in the floor. Both rows of rear seats looked decent, with the leather on the 3rd row being in great shape. Overhead console was in good shape but I'm installing a sunroof. It had valance lights in the rear that were in good shape so I took those. On my way back up front it started pouring rain but I did spot the Excursion I had been looking for sans the entire front clip. Measured the front drive shaft and it should work fine but I wasn't going to lay in mud in a thunderstorm to pull it so I'll grab it next time. MIGHT go back and get the third row seat as well. It wouldn't match the Escalade seats but neither does the stock 3rd row and they never put 3rd row seats in 99/00 Escalades.

Interior is still a mess from storing the muddy RCX lift.
You must be registered for see images attach

What are the wood boxes above the rear windows?

Thanks, sweet build.

99CCSB

Reaction score
what is all needed to swap to the kodiak door handles? i would like to do them on my crew cab

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
So did you just send your knuckles off to sky to be machined for cross over? I'm finding these balljoint 60s than I'm finding kingpins. They only show up in a blue moon. The only problem I've read about with the BJ axles is they're harder to do crossover and hi steer on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk