Burbalade Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Quite well considering it's got no sway bars, front shocks, steering stabilizer, or track bar. Ride home was quite enjoyable and it felt like it would have been fine on the highway but I didn't want to push it.

I'm not in as much of a rush for exhaust as I thought I would be. Sounds awesome but isn't TOO obnoxiously loud.

Ballasts stopped working on the low beams so rather than buy two new ballasts for $35+, I just bought a whole nother kit with 5000K bulbs as the 6000Ks I had were a little bit more blue than I wanted. They should be here in a week or two.

I'm going to try and get everything I can where it needs to be tomorrow, so I can hopefully take it Monday to have the shock hoops welded on and maybe rig something up since I have a brand new dual stabilizer kit that doesn't fit along with extra shock tabs.

Last edited:

jt1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i love those black housing headlights and turn signals.. what brand and where did you pick them up?

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
This is actually my second set, the first set was sold after I put the caddy clip on.

Bought both sets on ebay. But be careful, most sets have a "spiral design" reflector in the bumper lights. Might have to scroll through a page or two to find these bumper lights but the reflector design matches the headlights which fits the look of our trucks a lot better.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the bumper lights are usually trimmed in silver to match the Chevy grills. I had to paint the trim ring on both sets of mine.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
It rides good because the drag link is almost flat. You won't even need a steering stabilizer.

Make sure the track bar is welded at the same angle as the drag bar and try to get it the same length if possible.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Speed bumps and such aren't bad at all, but when just one tire hits a small bump in the road, it pulls to that side. Add in the 37s and loose steering box, it doesn't feel right. That was the only thing about it that didn't feel ready for the highway. Factory steering box is way too loose to not run a stabilizer.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Moved the passenger spring hanger to correct shackle angle, topped off oil, flushed dexcool and filled up with green, and finished getting all of the spring hangars bolted in to their final positions. Taking it to a buddy's shop this week to get a straight tie rod with heims made, brackets made for the dual steering stabilizer, and the shock hoops welded on.

Then I just need exhaust and a front drive shaft.

You must be registered for see images attach

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Richard, your suburban looks great. How did you overcome the wide spring perch width of the superduty axle?

Did you move the perches in on both sides or did you build your hangers to accommodate the axle?