Burbalade Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Got the passenger caliper so I can finally bleed my brakes. Just pre filling the caliper before attaching the line and my brakes already feel better than they did when I got the burb.
Also got the replacement studs on the adapter today, took some measurements and ordered a pair of Bilstein 5125s for the front with 11" of travel.

You must be registered for see images attach

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
I'm not liking the angle of the drag link using the factory Ford steering.

Time to drop $500+ on crossover steering. :banghead:

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
The knuckle is the issue as it's a ball joint axle. I can buy a knuckle alone for ~$480 plus shipping, or I can buy a complete kit for $20 more.

I don't have any sort of fabrication tools and I'm trying to get it done asap. If you know of someone that's got crossover knuckles or machined knuckles and arms for a ball joint 99-04 axle in stock and ready to ship for under $350, let me know.

Gopedxr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What pads and rotors would you suggest? Or does any really work? Trucks looking big!

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Don't really have enough experience with different setups to give you a good answer there. I went with drilled and slotted rotors hoping to make up for the lost cooling that come with the H1 wheels, and cheap ceramic pads as I was running out of money.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Crossover steering is done. Drove it home from the shop, and oh man do I love the height.

You must be registered for see images attach