Burbalade Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
So it turns out that not all cheap ebay wheel spacer/adapters are made the same. My first set was the 2" spacers, which while they don't look like new, still function like new. My second set was the 3" spacers to clear the H1s, which where put on once and have never been back off. I then purchased my 2" 8x170 to 8x6.5 adapters from the same seller as I got the 3" spacers from, "rdcobra91".

After taking the front wheels on and off several times during the SAS, the wheel studs began to oxidize, then the oxidation was was scraped away by the lug nuts. This has never been a severe problem before, but this last time the heat build up taking the lug nuts off apparently caused the lug nuts to bond to the wheel studs. So now the ends of three wheel studs are toast and one lug nut is still stuck on.

So I go to my purchase history on ebay, which is all archived, and find every purchase except those two sets of spacers. Luckily I was able to find the seller again through my feedback and know who NOT to buy from ever again.

So now if my factory studs don't work with these spacers, and I can't find any that will, I'll either be forced to buy a set of adapters from someone that actually knows what they're doing and will warranty their product (which will likely run $350+) or I can skip straight to the point and start looking for an 8x6.5 dually axle that wont require them.

That's what I get for thinking I was finally done running into problems.
Currently awaiting reply from seller. This is ridiculous.

Last edited:

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Seller is sending replacement studs and lug nuts. Hopefully they'll hold me over until I've got the cash for and can find a king pin dually axle.

First trip to the Pick n Pull pretty much since I bought the axle. Traffic was insane but it was well worth the trip. Need to make a lower bar to mount some lights on it but not bad for $45!
It should hold me over until I'm a millionaire and can afford an ARB.

You must be registered for see images attach

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
I really want to come down 1 - 1.5" and poke the wheels out a little bit. It looks goofy from the front and back as the tread of the rear tires doesn't even come out flush with the flares. Really need to go back and pull the posi 10.5 dually I saw today and put disc brakes on it, so I can lose the rear spacers too. But it's bad enough dealing with one axle at a time. :/

This is more the stance I'm aiming for:

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Progress!!! Love the look you have going on this. Always look forward to pictures