Braided brake lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Just bleed it till clean fluid comes out after you change the lines. You will loose a good bit while changing the lines anyway.

The problem will be the back will still have old fluid. You should probably change all the lines at the same time, that way you get all the fluid changed too

That is true, I just didn't want to wait until I get my rear line since that won't be for a while. Oh well :( thanks for the help Paul haha

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess you could always bleed the back also when you change the front lines. Then you have good fluid an will just need a little bleeding when you get to changing the back line....

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
I guess you could always bleed the back also when you change the front lines. Then you have good fluid an will just need a little bleeding when you get to changing the back line....

This is what I decided to do, my fluid is black :uhoh2:

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Alright I've got a rather puzzling question for you guys.

I just got done installing both the front lines and bleeding each corner twice (using the method where one pushes the pedal and the other controls the bleeder valve). We did about ten reps of this on each side. Once we finished the left rear, I had great stiff pedal feel (got lots of air from that corner) then we moved on to the right rear and after about the fifth rep the pedal became much harder to push down and the pedal became noticeably less stiff from then on.

Why do you guys think that is? Is there more air in the rear lines? Should I drive it around a bit and try to get more air to surface then bleed it again?

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
It's still on the list don't you worry! I just hit my money limit for a while haha

Thank you sir! They feel sturdy and give me hope that they will help stiffen my pedal
what was your total cose? cause the ones from ORD were $120 shipped for all three lines

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
Alright I've got a rather puzzling question for you guys.

I just got done installing both the front lines and bleeding each corner twice (using the method where one pushes the pedal and the other controls the bleeder valve). We did about ten reps of this on each side. Once we finished the left rear, I had great stiff pedal feel (got lots of air from that corner) then we moved on to the right rear and after about the fifth rep the pedal became much harder to push down and the pedal became noticeably less stiff from then on.

Why do you guys think that is? Is there more air in the rear lines? Should I drive it around a bit and try to get more air to surface then bleed it again?
you have to bleed all four lines. start at pass rear, then driver rear, the pass front then driver front. and you MAY have gotten air in the abs valve body and if that is the case you'll likely need a tech II or some sort of scan tool to bleed the ABS

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
what was your total cose? cause the ones from ORD were $120 shipped for all three lines

They were $90 shipped

you have to bleed all four lines. start at pass rear, then driver rear, the pass front then driver front. and you MAY have gotten air in the abs valve body and if that is the case you'll likely need a tech II or some sort of scan tool to bleed the ABS

Ya I bled all 4 lines twice, but not in that order. I'm going to bleed them again later in that order and see if it helps. Where would I take it to get the ABS bled? I have a handheld scanner but I don't think it has that capability.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try making the abs cycle before you take it somewhere. Making the abs cycle will usually push the air out of it.

Of course if you guys would listen an get a good bleeder like I keep saying this wouldn't be an issue...... :D

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
Try making the abs cycle before you take it somewhere. Making the abs cycle will usually push the air out of it.

Of course if you guys would listen an get a good bleeder like I keep saying this wouldn't be an issue...... :D
alright bucket mouth..... how about you send me the tool and let me use it before i spend $80 for a piece of plastic.....

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's $67 on summit racing. By the time you pay for shipping both ways you would have paid for half of it.

Besides if you just borrow mine what will you do next time....