Brake lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought a 94 Buick roadmaster with the 5.7 lt1 cheep. Figured it would get about double the milage of my 99 suburban. Needed front brake line. Car looks good and nice inside but a little rusty. Got it up in the air with an air hoist that picks up one end. Line was broke between the proportioning valve and anti lock box. Pulled the starting shaft out of the way had to take all the lines off the box to get the broken one replaced. Metric bubble flares. Now I have to bleed all 4 corners. Started with right front and nothing. The line under the motor is bad at a clamp. Thank God I didn't put the starting shaft back in yet. Should have known better when the blade turned right out lol. Now I can't get the lf wheel off. Time to quit for the night. Storm coming in got to get told inside before the rain

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I bought a 94 Buick roadmaster with the 5.7 lt1 cheep. Figured it would get about double the milage of my 99 suburban. Needed front brake line. Car looks good and nice inside but a little rusty. Got it up in the air with an air hoist that picks up one end. Line was broke between the proportioning valve and anti lock box. Pulled the starting shaft out of the way had to take all the lines off the box to get the broken one replaced. Metric bubble flares. Now I have to bleed all 4 corners. Started with right front and nothing. The line under the motor is bad at a clamp. Thank God I didn't put the starting shaft back in yet. Should have known better when the blade turned right out lol. Now I can't get the lf wheel off. Time to quit for the night. Storm coming in got to get told inside before the rain
Two things: What? and What is a starting shaft?

I lied: Another thing.....what does "got to get told inside before the rain" mean?

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Two things: What? and What is a starting shaft?

I lied: Another thing.....what does "got to get told inside before the rain" mean?
Stearing shaft to gear box has to come out to get to the line that was broken. Get tools out of rain. Love auto spell

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the lines fixed and front brakes blead need to do the rear but it's got front brakes now. Fixed the coolant leaks replaced all the spring clamps. Got it off the hoist and fired up. I can hear a plug wire snapping, it's all wet under the hood from the rain. Wires should be fun the distributor is behind the water pump and the manifolds arch up and wires run behind them. It's got converters on it with glass packs and resonators and it's got more snap and crank in the exhaust than my suburban and I thought it had a nice bark lol. My new work car should get in the 20's with it i would think

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the water pumps would go out and the distributor would get FUBARRED.

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have a hoist outside in the rain?
It's a portable air hoist. It's the second one I've had from old garages. The first would grab the bumper this one will reach under and lift from the axle or front suspension. It will only pick up one end but it lifts high enough to be able to work and do exhaust etc

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

They look like this.