Braided brake lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
So some of you may know I have been planning a little brake upgrade, but I need some expertise when it comes to the braided brake lines.

First off, I can get sets for 0"-3" of lift or 4"-6" of lift. I plan on lifting it ≈4" eventually but it currently has 0" of lift.

So I guess my question is should get the 0"-3" kit since I have no lift, or should I get the 4"-6" kit since I plan to lift eventually? Will slightly longer lines negatively affect me in any noticeable way?

Also, does anybody know of any good brands? The only reviews I have read are of the Skyjacker sets.

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had the earls fittings set....worked great and had good pedal pressure. When I put on the RCX kit however....they went bye bye. I would suggest that if you are certain that a lift is in your future...get the lifted ones to match the amount you will be going. Just tie them off good and keep rolling.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had the earls fittings set....worked great and had good pedal pressure. When I put on the RCX kit however....they went bye bye. I would suggest that if you are certain that a lift is in your future...get the lifted ones to match the amount you will be going. Just tie them off good and keep rolling.

This, yeah just get the length lines that you will need in the future!

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
offroad designs makes a set also. if you're gunna lift 4 i'd get ones that will fit 4-6. it's better to have alittle slack you can tie back out of the way than not enough and bust a brake line

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
offroad designs makes a set also. if you're gunna lift 4 i'd get ones that will fit 4-6. it's better to have alittle slack you can tie back out of the way than not enough and bust a brake line

That's true, I just wasn't sure if having too long of lines would be bad haha

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
I found some Russell Performance lines for about $100 for front and rear but I've never heard anything about them

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russel lines will be fine. They have been around forever, lots of pro touring cars use those lines....