Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Throttle body showed up.

You must be registered for see images attach

It came with 2 different throttle arms, a spacer/reducer, and bolts to run it with or without said spacer. Looks decent, I'm gonna try to get it and the brakes done tonight. I may have to get creative with the throttle cable mount for this, but long term I'll see if I can't port the blower inlet to run without a spacer.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well the TB came with a 100mm flange and Blow Reilly's disappointed as usual. I'll need to swing over to Silicone Intakes to snag a 4" to put on it. Plus lookie what I forgot I had!

Grabbed it with that 5.3. Forgot all about it, it's going on the dually long term. For now I'll make something work with this throttle body. Reason it came with 2 throttle arms is because it's intended for all things cable driven LS, trucks and cars alike. Turns out the trucks all got progressive linkage and the cars were linear. These 400s are no different, even the linkage is progressive on top of those stupid lips they put on these things it's no wonder they're such turds in stock form. I did get the brakes fixed, in the nick of time too so I didn't have to deal with dually rotors.

Didn't know you could wear one that thin and have it still be quiet.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the TB came with a 100mm flange and Blow Reilly's disappointed as usual. I'll need to swing over to Silicone Intakes to snag a 4" to put on it. Plus lookie what I forgot I had!

Grabbed it with that 5.3. Forgot all about it, it's going on the dually long term. For now I'll make something work with this throttle body. Reason it came with 2 throttle arms is because it's intended for all things cable driven LS, trucks and cars alike. Turns out the trucks all got progressive linkage and the cars were linear. These 400s are no different, even the linkage is progressive on top of those stupid lips they put on these things it's no wonder they're such turds in stock form. I did get the brakes fixed, in the nick of time too so I didn't have to deal with dually rotors.

Didn't know you could wear one that thin and have it still be quiet.

The 5.3 MAF is 85mm, correct? I was just looking into that. Definitely let us know what you find with the TB, another log of MAP vs TPS vs RPM would be nice.

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a new intake manifold soon. I'll probably swap that, and run my current TB for a bit, then swap the TB and MAF, recording the improvements along the way.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Probably? Same as 01-04 Vette and 6.0 I imagine. OD on inlet was 100mm and OD on outlet was 93mm, same as stock throttle body. Didn't measure ID but it's definitely bigger than stock without being overly huge. I can probably just rip off the stock MAF table from one of those trucks for a 90% solution.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably? Same as 01-04 Vette and 6.0 I imagine. OD on inlet was 100mm and OD on outlet was 93mm, same as stock throttle body. Didn't measure ID but it's definitely bigger than stock without being overly huge. I can probably just rip off the stock MAF table from one of those trucks for a 90% solution.

Yeah that might make the tuning process go a bit faster, especially if you're tuning with fuel trims? Might be worth getting a wideband for it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I still have my Techedge and it's set to talk to EFILive serially. Just picked up an O2 bung as well, I intend to use the now unoccupied EGT hole.

Motorsports-X

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
u mean EGR hole? Im not sure where that is located in your manifold, but if its closer than 12" to the port you may want to move it back a little.

I had a motorcycle test header with 5 o2 bungs. one common and 4 in each tube about 8 inches from the exaust port, and we constantly had to replace one of those 4. just fyi

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
This is an old ass kit so EGT is all they had as worthless as it is. All it does is tell you something's really wrong with your setup.