Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
And fingered out the shifting problem. Should have not reclocked TPS and just done a relearn. It should be .5-.6V at idle which it was, but it read wrong. A relearn fixes this, so I swapped an unmolestered TPS on, flashed, went for a drive and all is well so backing those shift times down again.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Got this thing on the lift today, what a chore. 4 wheeler with winch to the rescue again! Gonna scrap it Monday, so it'll rain more parts tomorrow.

You must be registered for see images attach

Going to clean, ohm, and pack these up to ship tomorrow for cleaning. They're 42# injectors for the impending blower.

Also scored these today for free! They're the correct front and rear tie downs and they have a hex for preload. I think I'll just add Derringer handles to these to take the guesswork out of preload though.

Not often I have some sort of progress to post every day but I've been at it lately. Camaro gets dyno'd Monday too so I can race in a few weeks. Hoping to have the dually better able to cope with camper and trailer by then but the clock is ticking.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got this thing on the lift today, what a chore. 4 wheeler with winch to the rescue again! Gonna scrap it Monday, so it'll rain more parts tomorrow.

Going to clean, ohm, and pack these up to ship tomorrow for cleaning. They're 42# injectors for the impending blower.

Also scored these today for free! They're the correct front and rear tie downs and they have a hex for preload. I think I'll just add Derringer handles to these to take the guesswork out of preload though.

Not often I have some sort of progress to post every day but I've been at it lately. Camaro gets dyno'd Monday too so I can race in a few weeks. Hoping to have the dually better able to cope with camper and trailer by then but the clock is ticking.

I'm kinda curious if the stock fuel pump will be able to keep up with the requirements of the blower? Whipple included a pump booster, right? @88GMCtruck are you running the stock fuel pump?

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma

I got that same set off craigslist, then used stainless all-thread and bought the derrenger handles from Torklift. Makes installing the camper 1000x easier.
e979e21c-2420-42d9-93c0-5294f11e9d8b-jpg.163874

You must be registered for see images

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I'm kinda curious if the stock fuel pump will be able to keep up with the requirements of the blower? Whipple included a pump booster, right? @88GMCtruck are you running the stock fuel pump?
Yup, stock pump.

The whipple "boost a pump" increases voltage to make the pump run faster... When I did my tune I was told I didn't need to do anything other than have a good stock pump. Mine was a brand new AC delco not too long before putting the whipple on it, has been silent and have had no problems with it whatsoever.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
And this is why I'm not sweating the pump. That plus my altitude. So check this **** out (I say **** a lot, don't I?): Frame thickness on an ECLB dually. More than my 1500 but less than my CC. Cross members are also less robust and more removable.

On my crew cabs this carrier bearing cross member is riveted to the frame on the bottom and up the sides and has a deeper channel.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've got the 8" version at home and didn't even realize it until I measured pushrods. This one is the 6 incher.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Oh, it's not over. Thing is finally starting to shift the way it ought to, so time to add an assload of torque. Funny though cuz I ended up rereading the thread last night and I can see how far I've come from then yet from here I can see how far I have yet to go.