Best cold air intake for 350 TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I built one instead of buying one:

You must be registered for see images attach

Much better than anything aftermarket and way less expensive.

Added bonus was i could get filters anywhere.

That truck is long gone now though...

That looks good too

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
if you go back to the fender gut all the plastic channeleing out. i remember someone went junkyard shopping and found a stock tbi hat off an old caddilac. id put that on top, coupler to metal or pcv tube to another couple and a filter. the snout of the filter placed directly in that fender hole then make yourself a box to enclose that so you dont get warm air coming in through it and all cold.

Shane_o_mac

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

This is mine, you can find the longer plastic ribbed tubing on 305 trucks mostly.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes those and the v6 trucks had the straight tube, that is going to be your best gain, no drop in K&N or open element crap.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Yes those and the v6 trucks had the straight tube, that is going to be your best gain, no drop in K&N or open element crap.

your still restricting all the flow with the channeling in the fender. nothing wrong with open element regardless that its warm air the improvement in throttle response, mileage and performance in general was incredible and didnt even compare to the cold air that was on my truck. if your that worried about having cold air come in use an open elemnet take the weatherstipping off the back of your hood and use a cowl hood box.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
your still restricting all the flow with the channeling in the fender. nothing wrong with open element regardless that its warm air the improvement in throttle response, mileage and performance in general was incredible and didnt even compare to the cold air that was on my truck. if your that worried about having cold air come in use an open elemnet take the weatherstipping off the back of your hood and use a cowl hood box.

Lulz, no you are not, that flow plenty of air and air forced in from behind the headlight, your 350 and mine doesn't make enough power to need more. No hot air element is going to gain you all you state unless you are making a good 400 horse, which maybe you are, but doubtful. I have had a open, K&N drop in with stok setup and the setup I have been posting about and the latter has been best all around.

You can not change physics and if you think you can then you better have some numbers.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score

Incorrect.

Common misconception.

Getting "air" into the engine on a NA vehicle is a function of pressure differential, not "flow".

The highest pressure the vehicle sees is at the very front. The fender passages allow the aircleaner to "see" that high pressure, not restrict it and the resultant low pressure created in the intake by the retreating piston further increases that differential.

Anothe common misconception is that engines "suck" atmosphere in. In reality, the air is "blown" in by normal atmospheric pressure. Increase the pressure differential and you increase the force with which air rushes into the cylinder.

Pressure always moves from high to low zones.

It's why engines work and airplanes fly.

Amongst many other miraculous things we clever little monkeys have built.....

;)

Last edited: