Bad Break Switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaltonB98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So i'm not sure what my problem is. I have tried searching and I keep coming up with the same answer for breaks not working, but my situation is different from most of the ones I have read.

My problem is when I push the break pedal the lights will work about 1/4 of the way pushed down, but once I go past that they stop working and turn off. So would this still be a bad break switch or should I be looking into something else?

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
That would be about the only thing i could think of. Grab one from a junkyard and try it. If it works, buy a new one or run the junkyard one.

DaltonB98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll probably just buy new and if it doesn't work then return it or something. If i go to the junkyard ill spend more money there buying stuff I don't need lol. Thanks for your input though. Trying to figure it out before I keep driving since I just found out when backing into a spot at work and seeing the reflection in the windows.

castine917

Reaction score
Many parts stores won't accept returns on brake switch after installation. At only about ten bucks though it makes a cheap spare for glove box.