Any reason this won't work for a 94 cluster?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks mom :sleepy: I've been driving longer then you've been alive. Never had a car towed or impounded by the popo, never had my license in jeopardy. You seem to know a little too much about it. ;)

The panel worked well. I had to trim the dash where the old connector locked in to clear the gauges. It bolts in place of the cluster. I used a set of Marshal Comp II LED gauges. This is the only picture I have. It's just the gauges, no LEDs. I drilled between the smaller gauges for turn signal LEDs.
You must be registered for see images attach
That looks awesome

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks mom :sleepy: I've been driving longer then you've been alive. Never had a car towed or impounded by the popo, never had my license in jeopardy. You seem to know a little too much about it. ;)

The panel worked well. I had to trim the dash where the old connector locked in to clear the gauges. It bolts in place of the cluster. I used a set of Marshal Comp II LED gauges. This is the only picture I have. It's just the gauges, no LEDs. I drilled between the smaller gauges for turn signal LEDs.
You must be registered for see images attach
That looks awesome.... keep us updated...

sent from what use to be a great country...

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Actually....lol.. just ram into this getting a dash for my 94.. a 94 cluster will sit right into the spot it's suppose to in a 92 and older dash but...... the spot where the plug (which is different too) attaches to the dash is different.. up to 92 the area is flat. 93 and up it had a raised(about an inch or so) spot the plug sits in to mate up with the cluster... clusters are the same on the front side(except for the monies obviously) but the 91-92 is a flat back cluster whilst the 93-94 clusters have a recessed area to accept the stand off (raised area)

sent from what use to be a great country...
Don't get it twisted.. :D

88-91 is one generation in regards to the dash cluster. It has the wider connector with actual sockets/pins and the area the connector sits in for the cluster to push on, is relatively flat. The one standout here is the 91 cluster has a slightly different pinout so swapping 91 into 88-90 or 88-90 into 91 means you need to move some wires around in the harness. 88-91 are all moonies of course with exception of the semi-rare needle cluster that was also available in 91.

92-94 is the next gen...they have the raised standoff where the connector sits and it's a smaller connector with flat pins on it that push into "fingers" on a flexi-circuit stuck to the back of the cluster. Swap between these 3 years with ease; direct fit.

Lots of people have swapped the 92-94 cluster into an 88-91 dash and not had any real issues, but if it was my truck and I had both dashes handy I would make a template and carefully chop the plastic behind the cluster out and transplant it so the connector has a firm place to sit.

Richard

FIREBALL 94

Bowtie enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just seen this thread and that does look great, I've been having issues with mine and debating on replacing with something like this or going to something new. Regardless you did a great job on that!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Just gotta keep an eye out. Actually somebody else saw that on Houston craigslist while I was living in Florida, and told me about it. I sent a friend of mine the $ and had him pick it up and send it to me.

It turned out to be all jacked up from one of those gauge face overlays that you pull the needles for, so none of them read correctly. I spent some time with my GPS, IR thermometer, oil pressure gauge, voltmeter, and a test tach to get everything set correctly again - then did the ol' fill up the tank, set the gauge for full, run it down to half and then fill up again to see how much it takes...came in just about right. Worth it though, I think I paid around $200 which is a bit less than I've seen them go for in the past.

Richard

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just gotta keep an eye out. Actually somebody else saw that on Houston craigslist while I was living in Florida, and told me about it. I sent a friend of mine the $ and had him pick it up and send it to me.

It turned out to be all jacked up from one of those gauge face overlays that you pull the needles for, so none of them read correctly. I spent some time with my GPS, IR thermometer, oil pressure gauge, voltmeter, and a test tach to get everything set correctly again - then did the ol' fill up the tank, set the gauge for full, run it down to half and then fill up again to see how much it takes...came in just about right. Worth it though, I think I paid around $200 which is a bit less than I've seen them go for in the past.

Richard
It would take a Christmas miracle for me to find anything like that. What type of vehicle do you think that came from? As you know, my stock one only goes to 80mph.