Any reason this won't work for a 94 cluster?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
I can't live with a 85 mph speedo and the 454 SS cluster seems to be made of unobtainum. This looks like a simple way to put aftermarket gauges in. I'm sure I could fab something up myself but this looks pretty slick. It looks to me like you attach this to your gutted carrier and bolt it into the dash.

You must be registered for see images

http://www.store.dolphingauges.com/viewitem.php?productid=276.

It's listed for 88-92 any reason it won't work in a 94?

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
Good thing you're not driving around here it's a mandatory impounding at that speed and 6-7 points on your license. If you wanna upgrade your gauges like that you'll probably want a good radar detector to go with.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Good thing you're not driving around here it's a mandatory impounding at that speed and 6-7 points on your license. If you wanna upgrade your gauges like that you'll probably want a good radar detector to go with.
Guess anybody with one of these should just throw that awful crap in the trash. :D

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In our area of the country (op from AZ, and I from Texas) some of the roads have an 80mph speedlimit... shoot the main roads I drive to and from work are 75mph.... and on the 75mph roads if you ain't going atleast 80 you get run over...lol...

sent from what use to be a great country...

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
I wish we were aloud to go that fast if it work for 88-92 should be fine for 92-94 correct me if I'm wrong 92-94 have the same cluster I thought.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually....lol.. just ram into this getting a dash for my 94.. a 94 cluster will sit right into the spot it's suppose to in a 92 and older dash but...... the spot where the plug (which is different too) attaches to the dash is different.. up to 92 the area is flat. 93 and up it had a raised(about an inch or so) spot the plug sits in to mate up with the cluster... clusters are the same on the front side(except for the monies obviously) but the 91-92 is a flat back cluster whilst the 93-94 clusters have a recessed area to accept the stand off (raised area)

sent from what use to be a great country...

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score

Thanks mom :sleepy: I've been driving longer then you've been alive. Never had a car towed or impounded by the popo, never had my license in jeopardy. You seem to know a little too much about it. ;)

The panel worked well. I had to trim the dash where the old connector locked in to clear the gauges. It bolts in place of the cluster. I used a set of Marshal Comp II LED gauges. This is the only picture I have. It's just the gauges, no LEDs. I drilled between the smaller gauges for turn signal LEDs.

Last edited:

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
Thanks mom :sleepy: I've been driving longer then you've been alive. Never had a car towed or impounded by the popo, never had my license in jeopardy. You seem to know a little too much about it. ;)

The panel worked well. I had to trim the dash where the old connector locked in to clear the gauges. It bolts in place of the cluster. I used a set of Marshal Comp II LED gauges. This is the only picture I have. It's just the gauges, no LEDs. I drilled between the smaller gauges for turn signal LEDs.
You must not be trying hard enough Iv spent a fair amount of time in handcuffs.