Restored '92-94 180KMH / 110 MPH cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wildblue19

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wanted to share some images of my restored 180 kmh / 6k redline cluster for 92-94. They seem pretty rare. I cleaned and lubricated everything inside and changed out bulbs and it looks awesome! Function tested on my 93 and it was plug and play. Unfortunately, I live in the US so it will be a display piece...unless anyone north of the border or overseas who wants to trade for a MPH version :patriot:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

bc-chris

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's a sweet looking cluster!!!

i'm trying to think of where it would be legal to go above 120kph in canada?
the one highway that goes from where i live to the west coast i think is 120kph max at parts (but it might have been put back to 110kph)
i thought maybe some of the huge highways in ontario... but google tells me the max is 100kph with a few sections of 110khp

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that's a sweet looking cluster!!!

i'm trying to think of where it would be legal to go above 120kph in canada?
the one highway that goes from where i live to the west coast i think is 120kph max at parts (but it might have been put back to 110kph)
i thought maybe some of the huge highways in ontario... but google tells me the max is 100kph with a few sections of 110khp

Agreed, there aren’t any speed limits above 120 km/h in Canada that I know of. The most practical use would be something like my 5 speed 92 that’s getting a turbo. It could likely trap 180 in the quarter once it’s completed.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
so the 120mph tahoe z71/limited escalade and yukon denali as well as the 130mph z56 tahoe cluster would be useless to you guys up there

Last edited:

bc-chris

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so the 120mph tahoe z71/limited escalade and yukon denali as well as the 130mph z56 tahoe cluster would be useless to you guys up there

it's not that you couldn't use the cluster... but even with the 180kph cluster i'd be sad knowing at best i'd only ever get to see the needle hit 2/3 of it's potential! ha! ha!

don't get me wrong - back in the day i did all sorts of fun stuff (like finding out my dad's car limiter was around 175kph), but now that i'm older and have kids i don't really do that stuff anymore. wait... does that mean i finally 'grew up'? oh no!

i would love to try out drag racing (a lot more controlled environment than flying down a hwy at 175kph)... but that would get a hard 'nope' from my wife.

Lance 1992

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks great! Did you do any painting of the markings or needles? I'm thinking about painting the markings on the face but I'm not sure of the proper shades of amber and red. Looking at original needles, I think they were bright orange and just faded over time to a yellow color.

Did you use green/amber/blue/red LEDs for the indicator/warning lights? What about the larger lights behind the gauges? I used White 5000K LEDs for the gauges and colored bulbs for the indicator/warning lights.