Am I crazy for attempting this??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
put stock air cleaner back on instead of open elemtent, reagear it to 4.56 add the proper coolers and a magnefine filter and it shoudl be alot better off

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I read the full floating 14 bolt axles are 10.5". The semi float are 9.5".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andyvr4

Reaction score
Also the trans is going to have a non lockup converter which I hear is good and bad but builder says:
700r4 lockup transmission cooling circuit flows at 30 % while not in lockup and then goes to 100% when lockup is applied .
So if you go long distance trips while not in lockup your transmission geartrain will suffer from lack of lubrication and die it is guaranteed to fail.
Working lockup is critical on trips.
Around town no big issues but still at 30 % lubrication.

Non lockup transmission is actually put into full lockup with different valves that allow full flow ALL THE TIME 100% lubrication.

This is why the lockup clutch in the converter must be left out or it will stall the engine when put into gear.

50mph we are talking 300 rpm difference when using a 1650 stall .
If using higher stall then it would be a big deal .

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Full floating axles look like this:

You must be registered for see images

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I have a semi float then good to know

I have a semi float rear axle in both of my HD K2500's, but they are 8 lug. I just need to order a couple sets of U bolts and I can swap them fairly quickly.