Am I crazy for attempting this??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Why not 4.10s?

with 35's in a towing application. 4.10 is already undergeared for 35s you need at least 4.56s if you want proper, if you want half assed then sure 4.10 but hes also talking about towing so you already want a higher numerical gear to make it easier on you so id say 4.88s

with a 4.10 and 35s while towing your trans will search for OD or converter lockup and the entire towing ability of the truck will be at a struggle

Andyvr4

Reaction score
with 35's in a towing application. 4.10 is already undergeared for 35s you need at least 4.56s if you want proper, if you want half assed then sure 4.10 but hes also talking about towing so you already want a higher numerical gear to make it easier on you so id say 4.88s

with a 4.10 and 35s while towing your trans will search for OD or converter lockup and the entire towing ability of the truck will be at a struggle

The trans engine are new and trans is non lockup converter but full locked trans with 1650 converter. So I can tow in 4th now. It's a daily driven truck and will do some towing with that camper so a good all around gear would be 4.56 or 4.88?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
The trans engine are new and trans is non lockup converter but full locked trans with 1650 converter. So I can tow in 4th now. It's a daily driven truck and will do some towing with that camper so a good all around gear would be 4.56 or 4.88?
4.56 imo

Andyvr4

Reaction score
Ok so I'll go from a 3.42 to a 4.56, that's a big jump anything else I should be awAre of?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trailer has wheel electric brakes

That goes without saying but your putting a lot more faith in trailer brakes than I would feel comfortable with. On the last trip that we took with our Yukon and travel trailer we ran over what looked like a can of beans. No biggie until the next time that I stepped on the brake and 11,800 pounds didn't want to stop. That can hit the back side of the trailer plug and sliced 3 wires. Stuff happens, obviously, but if you plan on pulling more than a time or in the period that you own your truck you might really consider brake upgrades. Gears will help you get going but brakes get you there in one piece.

Andyvr4

Reaction score
That goes without saying but your putting a lot more faith in trailer brakes than I would feel comfortable with. On the last trip that we took with our Yukon and travel trailer we ran over what looked like a can of beans. No biggie until the next time that I stepped on the brake and 11,800 pounds didn't want to stop. That can hit the back side of the trailer plug and sliced 3 wires. Stuff happens, obviously, but if you plan on pulling more than a time or in the period that you own your truck you might really consider brake upgrades. Gears will help you get going but brakes get you there in one piece.

Very true what kind of brakes did you upgrade to?