alright time to upgrade but so many choices.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok heres where im at im sure you all know my truck by now. its the description in my sig. i got a decent system on it now but the tail pipe im sick of. i want to run a flowmaster dual rear exit exhaust. cat back only single in dual out. where should i get it from?

Chevrolet Fanatic

GM Leg Humper
Reaction score
I'd just get the muffler and some tips, then take it to a shop and have them bend pipe and do all the rest. I order all of my parts, like that, from Summit.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd just get the muffler and some tips, then take it to a shop and have them bend pipe and do all the rest. I order all of my parts, like that, from Summit.

Id also got to a muffler shop and get a quote for everything many shops carry just about any muffler and tips you can think of

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I do the same, we have a great local muffler shop, I always check their price's first before I order something.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well its 466 for a flowmaster dual kit like im kinda looking for. or 600 to have a shop by me bend and install the stainless pipes i already have for it. but thats just the install i would still have to buy mufflers and tips.

Chevrolet Fanatic

GM Leg Humper
Reaction score
Damn, if I have the pipe, muffler, and tips already I only have to pay like $100 or even less where I go to get the pipe bended and everything welded together and installed. $600 is way too much in my opinion. One thing to think about as well, those Flowmaster kits are just made out of aluminized steel pipe instead of stainless, the muffler is aluminized steel as well. That's why I don't run a Flowmaster anymore, I had a 40 delta flow and it rusted out way too fast. You can get certain muffler models in stainless though, some of the delta flow ones, hushpower, and I think maybe the new Super 40.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah $600 seems WAY expensive for the install to me. I'm in the process of re-doing my exhaust with dual 3" and I'm basically having the shop bend and weld and supply the pipe itself, but I'm supplying everything else.

Reaction score
I did 2 flowmasters, pipe, bending, hanging, welding and the bag of bolts for $250 at a local shop. It wasn't stainless steel but is also wasn't $600.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well the way i hear it stainless is different as far as bending. that the only reason i could come up with that it would be that much more? idk

Reaction score
Bending isn't much different, it's the welding that will get you. You just can't use your regular old wire welder for it.