alright time to upgrade but so many choices.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that could be it i guess idk. it didnt sound like too bad of a deal at the time. its was header back true duals all the way to the rear bumper. no cats mufflers put in and clamps flanges hangers and the steel all supplied by me was quoted at 600 bones. but i think id rather just get the bolt on american thunder system and swap the muffler for the one chamber delta race flowmaster. i already have a upgraded y pipe with no cats and a flow but my tail pipe keeps braking in different spots because its old. idk it just seems easier to do the flow kit cat back but maybe i need to just find a different shop lol. the sad part is that shop was the lowest quote around my area or even the only shop that would mess with my truck w/o putting cats back on it.

Reaction score
that could be it i guess idk. it didnt sound like too bad of a deal at the time. its was header back true duals all the way to the rear bumper. no cats mufflers put in and clamps flanges hangers and the steel all supplied by me was quoted at 600 bones. but i think id rather just get the bolt on american thunder system and swap the muffler for the one chamber delta race flowmaster. i already have a upgraded y pipe with no cats and a flow but my tail pipe keeps braking in different spots because its old. idk it just seems easier to do the flow kit cat back but maybe i need to just find a different shop lol. the sad part is that shop was the lowest quote around my area or even the only shop that would mess with my truck w/o putting cats back on it.

Cash money after hours.......somebody will do it.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so wait...whats wrong with aluminized? i have had flowmasters for a long time and on quite a few of my trucks i would pull my muffler and put it back to stock when i got rid of it. what im saying is i have had the same flowmaster for a long long time and it never rusted out? the one on my white truck is new because my old flow was on my wrecked 88 which got scrapped by this ******** before i could get it. but ********* aside i was wondering if this aluminized thing was a mistake? aluminum doesnt rust but there is steel in it so wouldnt that make it less prone to rust?

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well mine always came right out of the box and on the truck... and i live in michigan.. you know the roads are salty here, if i dont wash my truck once a week i get deer chasing me trying to lick it!