ADVICE: FLUSHING OUT "OIL SENDING SWITCH" PASSAGE. 92' 350V8 TBI 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you for the info on the china wall term and it does make sense. Who ever thinks of these things is a very smart or bored person lol.

pro17

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Chinese Great Wall of China, a Chinese Wall in China that's Chinese
Also on engines. Engines which incidentally are beginning to have more and more Chinese made parts

You must be registered for see images attach

Jeffgmcgrr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Chinese Great Wall of China, a Chinese Wall in China that's Chinese
Also on engines. Engines which incidentally are beginning to have more and more Chinese made parts

Me Chinese, me no dumb....

I.miss the days where I could sleep underneath my hood..

Rip 78' C10

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Me Chinese, me no dumb....

I.miss the days where I could sleep underneath my hood..

Rip 78' C10
yes I remember those days. The first truck i had that i could do that with was a 70 f250. Im pretty sure i could get 2 more people under that hood with me. My 78 f150 didn't have as much room when it had a 400m shoehorned in there. when it had a 302 there was as much room as a small apartment.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Even with a 350 swapped in place of the old 235 I6, I used to climb into the engine bay to do tune-ups (and frequent points changing) on one of my old '61 Apaches.

No A/C, no power steering, no power brakes...the only thing that crank pulley was turning was a flex fan, water pump, and alternator. :D

Richard

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ahh the good old days when things where simple. I wish things would go back to that. Everytime I open the hood on my ford with a ecoboost (which is only to change oil and check fluid levels) i dread the day I ever have to do anything to it.

Jeffgmcgrr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay let's jump out of the reminiscing. Realistically I'm sure there's a post about this already, but I'm conflicted about the RTV or Permatex application when I'm putting my manifold back on. I saw one video where a dude did Permatex around everything then did the gasket then Permatex over the gasket and obviously thick China walls. I saw another video which the dude seem to be more apt as a mechanic ,(edelbrock manifold) where he just Permatex heavily the China walls but used this gaskets naked with no TV.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Even with a 350 swapped in place of the old 235 I6, I used to climb into the engine bay to do tune-ups (and frequent points changing) on one of my old '61 Apaches.

No A/C, no power steering, no power brakes...the only thing that crank pulley was turning was a flex fan, water pump, and alternator. :D

Richard
Ahhh the good ol days , thats what I am talking about ! Life was simple the most complicated thing was deciding if it would be Bud or Bud light !

Jeffgmcgrr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm, no wonder it was leaking... looking a little thin