oil pressure sending unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a sender hanging off an oil filter housing and thought about relocating mine there.
Yeah, my 88 came with both - the sender for the gauge on the filter housing.

You must be registered for see images attach

And the switch for the fuel pump on the China rail.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1687104759297-png.340946

What's the part number of that sending unit?

I'm still using the OEM-style "green paint stripe" sending units on my '88, and I get a few years out of each one before they fail. Getting kinda sick of replacing them.
www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1136624

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my 88 came with both - the sender for the gauge on the filter housing.

And the switch for the fuel pump on the China rail.
That’s the picture I saw. Thanks! I wonder why I couldn’t put the long one from the China rail down there by the oil filter

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder why I couldn’t put the long one from the China rail down there by the oil filter
As long as it clears your exhaust and steering, I don't see any reason why not. Mine was pretty tight with the headers, I had to turn it a little plus, the headers are wrapped with DEI "Lava Rock 1800°" tape. Of course, you'll have to extend the wiring harness.

You can't really see it but, I have the Knock Sensor on that side too.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the part number of that sending unit?

I'm still using the OEM-style "green paint stripe" sending units on my '88, and I get a few years out of each one before they fail. Getting kinda sick of replacing them.
IDK, it's been on my truck since I bought it in 2002. I'm hoping it lasts another 21 years :biggrin:

Edit: Come to think of it, that sender may have come with my Dakota Digital dash about 10 years ago.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as it clears your exhaust and steering, I don't see any reason why not. Mine was pretty tight with the headers, I had to turn it a little plus, the headers are wrapped with DEI "Lava Rock 1800°" tape. Of course, you'll have to extend the wiring harness.

You can't really see it but, I have the Knock Sensor on that side too.
Hmmmm, I’ll be running cast manifolds so maybe it won’t be so bad. I’ll be going through the harness AGAIN while the engine is out too.