addiction2basses daily driver build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
well yesterday the voices in my head told me to get my ass outta bed and go to junkyard.... and those voices are good to me ;)
stumbled across a 1999 tahoe police edition. i almost skipped over it. just walked by and peaked in to see this odd switch on the dash bezel and as soon as i peaked in and saw that 130mph gauge cluster i hurried up and skipped my ass over to my toolbox and started pulling parts :)
You must be registered for see images attach

i also took the dual battery wiring setup because i just liked the way it looked ;) dual fuse panels which i didnt even know could stack like that! needless to say im gonna take a few more next time i see them. way cheaper than my fancy inline fuses.lol

the wire mod that makes the police cluster work properly. very easy just some solder and jumper wire.

and this is why you have to solder the jumper.... the police cluster has two extra wires on the cluster. not sure WTF the other wire is for tho!

video to show it working.
and yes the gauge gauge dont work BUT neither has the last 4 clusters ive tried. im pretty sure my fuel pumps sending unit it bad. i have a good looking used one to drop in next time i have my bed off my truck. till then i dont really care. its been like this for 2-3 years or something like that.LOL i just go by milage on the trip meter. and it always works properly when i get under 1/4 of a tank atleast. just wont work from 1/4-full.

o ya also went back to stock wheels. winter mode.... :( dont wanna risk bending my rims any more!

and cause its Halloween ;) ive always wanted to do that joke!

also slapped those extra rims i bought awhile back on the trailer and they look real close! ;) most people probably wont know they are different.LOL
i also FINALLY got the trailer MVIN process started! had a sheriff inspect it last week, sent the paper work off. tho i had to fax the MVIN application place a reciept for the truck bed i said i bought since they wanted to see it for some reason... not sure why. but that was friday and i havent heard back yet from them. but i dont see any problems getting this trailer a MVIN number and finally getting it legaly on the road :D