a little louder for free?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I suggest drilling two 1/2" holes in the Y pipe and running two mini pipes out each side at the bottoms of the front fenders for a unique sound

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
You shouldnt do this, but to get it louder for free you would unbolt the catback, get a metal rod and bang out it inside of the cat and get the chunks out. Start the truck with out the catback on and floor it to get the rest of the chunks out then bolt the cat back on. But again, dont do this unless you are an environment a-hole. Holes would be no bueno essay.
Environmental a-hole, I like it. I support global warming, and have so far left a very large carbon footprint. :waytogo:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I suggest not taking a drill to your exhaust...

If you really have to do something free to change the sound, just do this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

At least this way you can take it back to factory when you realize how silly it was.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score

At least this way you can take it back to factory when you realize how silly it was.
"Is that a 2JZ?" Hahaha

SLmateo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol I was trying to avoid the leaky exhaust sound just seems like it would be like a partial dump in my mind and I thought drilling in the muffler or y would only make that. I'll just leave it and put in my jl w6 and be happy with that sound or cut off my cat and just get it inspected by a friend if I change my mind. Guess I won't get to play with my drill.

Might do the inner tube exhaust, route my tips to the center, put some truck balls under and put a big come and take it decal on the tailgate... thanks for putting down my bad idea it's what I needed I hear lol

Last edited:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
If you're getting rid of the truck in a year anyways, maintain it and don't spend anymore money on it.

SLmateo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh no just getting another I love the obs body style. Just looking for a more modern interior and efficent engine... I'm at work right now and literally just got a 3 buck raise!! Keep eating chips guys.

SLmateo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lays, cheetos, ruffles, pepsi, Santitos, fritos, crush, hot fry, etc is the way to go. I really don't like pepsi though.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score

That way, you "be ballin'" on a budget and have a kickass exhaust note. :lol: