a little louder for free?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLmateo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It has a flowmaster muffler and y pipe already. It was dumped about a foot before the rear axle but was too much for me in the cab. I ran pipes around the rear axle and dumped it after and was happy for like 3 months but want it a little louder.

If I drill a hole after the muffler in each of the pipes, pointed down for fumes, will it have negative effects or will it be like a partial dump compared to what I had before?

Not drilling into the muffler only the tail pipes. No rust problems where I live.

SLmateo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't mind paying some but i like the look of my tips and where they're at.. if it's a really bad idea I might just cut the pipes but leave my tips and hangers where they're at so they still look like they're there... and this way is free for more loud so ya I'm cheap too lol

Most advice says new muffler and cut off the cats and what not but it's already an aftermarket and was way too loud for me before.. for the cats I have a guy but I don't mind helping the environment for a few hp. Will this hurt like scavenging or low end torque etc? If not I'll get out the Dewalt and just weld them back if it's poop.

SLmateo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Flow master 40 from what I know and heard before is pretty loud though, think my pipes are just really long and muffle it.... another muffler is vs a hole to let out some vibrations? Don't really want to drop much more into this truck as I'm about to move off my land into a suburb home to own not rent and then a new sierra in a year. I can budget it if it's a really bad idea other than just redneck.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
You shouldnt do this, but to get it louder for free you would unbolt the catback, get a metal rod and bang out it inside of the cat and get the chunks out. Start the truck with out the catback on and floor it to get the rest of the chunks out then bolt the cat back on. But again, dont do this unless you are an environment a-hole. Holes would be no bueno essay.