92 silverado looking for a good sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JTMiller13

Reaction score
Hey guys,
New guy here, I picked up a 92 silverado with a pretty sweet 454, fella before me thought straight piping it would be a good idea and cut the pipe off beneath the cab after he glued it with chicken scratch from the headers back, looking for options to get a good sound that doesnt drone on like it does now,

Cheers!
J Miller

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine will sound different as it’s a 6.0 however this is what I use on all of my trucks. Long tube headers, cats deleted, true dual 2.5” mandrel bends with magnaflow long case round mufflers and 3” tips. No drone ever. I pay a shop to bend these custom with V bands in a few areas so it can come apart easily for repairs. Custom tuned computer so the rear o2 sensors are tuned out.

If you need cats for emissions reasons or you don’t want your check engine light on then buy some high flow cats.

The 454 really wants a true long tube header, and dual 2.5” pipes with a free flowing muffler like a magnaflow or similar. For full performance but A sleeper sound then instal glasspacks before the mufflers.

My truck, notice how it’s not too loud till I step on it a while into the video.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media