Exhast ideas for SCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uhhhpooo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1989 single cab long bed, putting headers on, and getting rid of the cat and y pipe, was wondering how you guys ran your exhaust, it has some after market mufflers, but going try and dump it right before or after the diff, and have turn downs, thanks

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am not a turn down fan. I think it sounds awful in the cab personally. 45* out the back of the truck for me and I can live with a 90* out the side if it has quiet mufflers.

uhhhpooo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not a turn down fan. I think it sounds awful in the cab personally. 45* out the back of the truck for me and I can live with a 90* out the side if it has quiet mufflers.
might just keep the exhaust the way it is after the mufflers, it will be cheaper and sound decent i think,

Attachments

• IMG_1994.jpeg
    IMG_1994.jpeg
    301.4 KB · Views: 16

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
My crew cab has a true dual exhaust, with a pair of blown out flowmasters just past the back doors, and the tailpipes are chopped off just past the axle. It was a farm truck.....
Yup it's loud. Not so loud you can't hear the radio, but it's noticeably loud.