'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Entered my first truck show today with my group.
You must be registered for see images attach

Some of my buddies' trucks

Took home first in top ten suv with the Storm!

mistaake

Reaction score
That is one beautiful Suburban. Looks better than the new ones rolling off the dealerships. Probably going to last longer too... What did those wheels come off and how much did they cost? I wouldn't mind going for those instead of the Moto Metal 951's I was gonna get.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Yep, thats a mighty fine truck. If it were mine, only because I can't keep anything stock looking, I'd remove the chrome striping, and get some black wheels.

However, being it's not mine, that thing is absolutely perfect.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is one beautiful Suburban. Looks better than the new ones rolling off the dealerships. Probably going to last longer too... What did those wheels come off and how much did they cost? I wouldn't mind going for those instead of the Moto Metal 951's I was gonna get.
Thank you! Theyre off a 06-13 z71 silverado, or 07-14 z71 tahoe or suburban. They were $550 about four years ago.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, thats a mighty fine truck. If it were mine, only because I can't keep anything stock looking, I'd remove the chrome striping, and get some black wheels.

However, being it's not mine, that thing is absolutely perfect.
Thanks man. I would demold it, but im afraid itll peel off old paint haha. I like black on some things but theyre hard to keep clean. I might paint sections of my wheels later on.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. I would demold it, but im afraid itll peel off old paint haha. I like black on some things but theyre hard to keep clean. I might paint sections of my wheels later on.
Demolding shouldn't peel off the paint, just order a heat gun off harbor freight and get the molding smoking hot, then use fishing line and cut it off. Whatever is left over, just use an eraser wheel on - makes quick work of it.

I did it on mine, was easy as all get out.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Demolding shouldn't peel off the paint, just order a heat gun off harbor freight and get the molding smoking hot, then use fishing line and cut it off. Whatever is left over, just use an eraser wheel on - makes quick work of it.

I did it on mine, was easy as all get out.
Ill have to try that then.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
I actually really like the idea using the Pontiac radio. The red is different in a good way. I've never been a big fan of gray, but that shade I like a lot. Looks great man.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I actually really like the idea using the Pontiac radio. The red is different in a good way. I've never been a big fan of gray, but that shade I like a lot. Looks great man.
Thank you! Figured it would be different haha.
How would my grille and exhaust tip look if i had them done in black chrome? And how good does that stuff last?