'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice looking Burb. I'm not sure what your using to color match your truck but Anthracite Grey Plasticdip works very well. I add one light coat of Silver Metializer for a little extra metallic look. I just did my mirrors and mud flaps.

Check the rake of your truck. I always felt like the front was higher than the rear on mine. I finally measured it and the front was 36.5" and the back was 35" at the fender. I'm going to crank down the front here soon.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used duplicolor's perfect match for the mirrors. The color was the gm factory color "Storm grey metallic", hence the name "Storm" haha. Sometimes it looks level and sometimes it dont. I measured it before and i think the front may be 2 inches higher? I kinda like it like that.
Heres a pic of it with my buddys '92.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-S766C using Tapatalk

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Next interior mod: pontiac monsoon radio with equalizer and cassette slave unit. Test fitted at the salvage yard. Fits perfecty and matches my red led lighting!

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Next interior mod: pontiac monsoon radio with equalizer and cassette slave unit. Test fitted at the salvage yard. Fits perfecty and matches my red led lighting!

Can I ask why? Just to be different? It's definitely different

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can I ask why? Just to be different? It's definitely different
Mainly for the equalizer and red lights. It will be different too and i like how it is still a factory radio. I just dont care for aftermarket radios.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Mainly for the equalizer and red lights. It will be different too and i like how it is still a factory radio. I just dont care for aftermarket radios.
Makes sense. I'm not a huge fan of aftermarket radios too. Stock is best imo

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Little update: grabbed some aluminum skidplates for $20, got nnbs suburban emblems (minus a b) for $4, and got new front door handles to replace the broken ones.
Looking for vortec max badges to replace the old 1500 on the doors, and plan on making custom halos for my headlights similar to these.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are my letters haha. Putting them on rear left barn door.

Thinking of getting a badge from a cruze/equinox rear end for the grille. Size of the badge is very close to the 94-98 badge above it.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your interior looks awesome!
Did you paint the darker grey trim pieces yourself? I have 2 tone grey Denali seats in mine, I think maybe going the route you did with the two tone trim would look great in my truck.
Thanks! Yes i did, and id love to find yukon denali seats or tahoe z71 seats with the same colors to match. It definitely breaks it up and make it look more modern.