'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Well, I've decided the time has come to start saving up for a different vehicle. The Suburban has been a great first truck for me and I've had many memories and have learnt a lot but the miles keep going up and I'm not looking to put more money into it than what it's worth.
Don't worry, I plan on buying another GMT400, but this time a K2500 Crew Cab Sierra or Silverado. May be another year or more before I sell the Suburban and find one, depending on my financial status at the time. Thanks to everyone for all the help over the years and for all the ideas and mods I've done!

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Hopefully you'll find a good deal on a CC, all the one's I've seen the sellers are asking a ridiculous amount for, one guy near me is trying to sell his 134K 350/80E CCSB for $15K!
Gonna suck to see this thing go though,

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hopefully you'll find a good deal on a CC, all the one's I've seen the sellers are asking a ridiculous amount for, one guy near me is trying to sell his 134K 350/80E CCSB for $15K!
Gonna suck to see this thing go though,
I'll miss her a lot, but she's getting miles on her and I'd like something with less miles worth fixing up more. There's a lot of reasons why I'd want a 2500 over a 1500 as well. Does the truck you're talking about have the dual exhaust and is pewter?

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I'll miss her a lot, but she's getting miles on her and I'd like something with less miles worth fixing up more. There's a lot of reasons why I'd want a 2500 over a 1500 as well. Does the truck you're talking about have the dual exhaust and is pewter?

Chrome trim on the bottom with stock steelies?
And I'm in the exact same situation as you, going from a 1500 Burb to a 2500 truck, except your Suburban is a lot nicer than mine:Big Laugh:

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
And I'm in the exact same situation as you, going from a 1500 Burb to a 2500 truck, except your Suburban is a lot nicer than mine:Big Laugh: Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Is every 1500 burb owner running into this problem? I've also been contemplating if it is worth it to continue building my suburban or get a gmt400 2500 silverado, or a k2xx (<- parents idea). *sigh* decisions, decisions, decisions...

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is every 1500 burb owner running into this problem? I've also been contemplating if it is worth it to continue building my suburban or get a gmt400 2500 silverado, or a k2xx (<- parents idea). *sigh* decisions, decisions, decisions...
Haha it must be a new trend for us 1500 longroof guys. Bowtiebrody and I have competition on buying a 2500 CCSB as we're both from NC lol. I couldn't do an extended cab after being used to all the room of the Suburban and I don't care for the nbs or nnbs as much. I think GMT400s are some of the best trucks GM has made and I have the most knowledge about them over the others.
Besides, there's just something about a CCSB GMT400 [emoji7]

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And I'm in the exact same situation as you, going from a 1500 Burb to a 2500 truck, except your Suburban is a lot nicer than mine:Big Laugh:
I'm thinking of going the same route as my suburban, 2014 z71 badge in grille, z71 bedside decals, the bowtie on the tailgate and grille, and some replica 18" wheels styled after the K2XX chrome wheels, demoulding, tint, exhaust, tune, etc. Haven't decided on a lift yet.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Haha it must be a new trend for us 1500 longroof guys. Bowtiebrody and I have competition on buying a 2500 CCSB as we're both from NC lol. I couldn't do an extended cab after being used to all the room of the Suburban and I don't care for the nbs or nnbs as much. I think GMT400s are some of the best trucks GM has made and I have the most knowledge about them over the others.
Besides, there's just something about a CCSB GMT400 [emoji7]

I may or may not be apart of that CCSB GMT400 race [emoji23]. The burb will need an engine & trans sooner than later, being it only has 156k miles, it was a hard 156k, filled with towing and hauling. I agree there's something about a CCSB GMT400, but my parents don't see eye to eye haha. We need a pickup truck and they want me in a K2XX, I'd jump on that but then the suburban will have no purpose in the family anymore. We buy vehicles to have a set purpose, the suburban used to be the toy hauler and people mover but the Hummer replaced the suburban being the tow pig, and we have 5 drivers to drive people around now. I guess time will tell...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I may or may not be apart of that CCSB GMT400 race [emoji23]. The burb will need an engine & trans sooner than later, being it only has 156k miles, it was a hard 156k, filled with towing and hauling. I agree there's something about a CCSB GMT400, but my parents don't see eye to eye haha. We need a pickup truck and they want me in a K2XX, I'd jump on that but then the suburban will have no purpose in the family anymore. We buy vehicles to have a set purpose, the suburban used to be the toy hauler and people mover but the Hummer replaced the suburban being the tow pig, and we have 5 drivers to drive people around now. I guess time will tell...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

156K!?? GM HT383E, GMPP 4L80E, 14-bolt SF and your truck is as good as new!
My Suburban had a hard life pulling a 28' camper and a 22' boat trailer down to the beach every summer, and she's showing her age now with almost 250K on the clock and the original motor,

I'm thinking of going the same route as my suburban, 2014 z71 badge in grille, z71 bedside decals, the bowtie on the tailgate and grille, and some replica 18" wheels styled after the K2XX chrome wheels, demoulding, tint, exhaust, tune, etc. Haven't decided on a lift yet.

Go simple, upgrade lights, H2 rims with aggressive tread, and keep it clean,
Unfortunately it looks like you'll win the CCSB race, I gave up on trying to find a decent one, hunting for an ECSB K2500 now,

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
156K!?? GM HT383E, GMPP 4L80E, 14-bolt SF and your truck is as good as new!
My Suburban had a hard life pulling a 28' camper and a 22' boat trailer down to the beach every summer, and she's showing her age now with almost 250K on the clock and the original motor,

Go simple, upgrade lights, H2 rims with aggressive tread, and keep it clean,
Unfortunately it looks like you'll win the CCSB race, I gave up on trying to find a decent one, hunting for an ECSB K2500 now,
Plans were a lq9 with the 4l80e and 14 bolt but that alone is more than what it's worth. Mine has 250k on her as well unfortunately. I forgot about the h2 wheels!