'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing my Lightwerkz Xtreme Blast Rock Lights. Wasn't that hard other than figuring out how to access the rear pass side fenderwell from inside the vehicle to avoid drilling through any ac equipment. Really happy with the install. They do change colors but as you can see I prefer red lol.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And what route to the exterior did you take the wire/s?
I drilled through and kept all wiring inside, I didn't want wires hanging down and visible underneath. Have them ran under the sill plates and all to the center console where the controller is. I just spliced into the cigarette lighter since it's a constant hot. I painted the insides of the holes and used silicone to seal up the bolt holes.

sethel

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome. I just ran wires yesterday. went through the driver side door and into the engine compartment. My controller is mounted above a cross member under the truck (somewhat near my fuel filter). I think it will be alright there as my controller is waterproof. I can put up some pictures but I wanted to know how you installed the lights in the wheel wells. I couldn't figure out the best course of action for that. Got any pictures of that?

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome. I just ran wires yesterday. went through the driver side door and into the engine compartment. My controller is mounted above a cross member under the truck (somewhat near my fuel filter). I think it will be alright there as my controller is waterproof. I can put up some pictures but I wanted to know how you installed the lights in the wheel wells. I couldn't figure out the best course of action for that. Got any pictures of that?
I'll snap some tomorrow for you. Mine is waterproof too but I just didn't want wires underneath my vehicle and all.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Happy new year everyone! Here's a pic from Friday evening with some gmt400 buddies.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Decided 2" blocks were too much and made it ride rough in the rear. Traded for some oem 1" blocks off a newer silverado and replaced my rear shocks with KYB Gas-A-Just shocks. Now the rear rides like a dream. Going to replace the fronts with these after i get my next pay check and get my alignment done.

curious how she rode rough in the rear....you used the same sprigs, right? were the shocks bottoming or something? it shouldn't have made any difference....

your truck is the cleanest one i ever saw

happy new year

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
curious how she rode rough in the rear....you used the same sprigs, right? were the shocks bottoming or something? it shouldn't have made any difference....

your truck is the cleanest one i ever saw

happy new year
The shocks were worn and had no resistance hardly and were close to being fully expanded. I appreciate it! Happy new year to you as well