'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Last edited:

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably not going to do a lot to Storm until spring. Plans include: removing moulding, painting and installing a new grille, installing fender flares, vinyl wrapping the b-pillars gloss black, wire brushing and undercoating the frame and fender wells, 1.5" spacers in rear to make the tires sit flush with the body, building a custom airbox to use on my k&n intake ram, installing an amsoil dry filter on the intake, a custom tune, and last but not least, some paint correction and glass coating.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Etching primer? How did you prep the grill? Any sanding?
Yes it was sanded and scuffed. I wouldn't recommend painting chrome though because it's starting to flake in some spots where the chrome wasn't good.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sethel, here's how I mounted my rock lights. I ran the wires underneath the kick panel and sill plates to where the seat belt cover is and from there they go to the center console where the controller is.
You must be registered for see images attach

Also made new splash guards out of some vinyl mat from Lowes and used my old torn ones to mark the lines.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Having some misfiring issues when under load and between 1400 and 2000 rpms. Here's what the dash command app is showing.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I've decided the time has come to start saving up for a different vehicle. The Suburban has been a great first truck for me and I've had many memories and have learnt a lot but the miles keep going up and I'm not looking to put more money into it than what it's worth.
Don't worry, I plan on buying another GMT400, but this time a K2500 Crew Cab Sierra or Silverado. May be another year or more before I sell the Suburban and find one, depending on my financial status at the time. Thanks to everyone for all the help over the years and for all the ideas and mods I've done!