97 z71 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
the rear crossmember on mine and a few others of teh older style crack where the drain holes in the bottom are. ive rewelded the area a few times and it still cracks on the drivers side. so next time around im gonna replate the top and bottom. idk if they fixed that issue on the newer style or not. i know i didint have 300 to hash out on a new style rear crossmember.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
was gonna color match the mirrors today but i dont feel like playin outside with it being in the 50s haha

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome, hope you hold onto this one. Looks great with the matched grill.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know how that goes. The interior looks great, you can take a heat gun to the bezels around the door handles to bring the color back to them. I think it was Chrisau that did a write up about it....

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I know how that goes. The interior looks great, you can take a heat gun to the bezels around the door handles to bring the color back to them. I think it was Chrisau that did a write up about it....

inside is in really good shape aside from one crack in the dash and the drivers door handle is broke, outside only has one small ding that i have noticed but needs painted

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
inside is in really good shape aside from one crack in the dash and the drivers door handle is broke, outside only has one small ding that i have noticed but needs painted

do you have to crawl in from the other side?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck, It's looking pretty bad ass! especially with the color matched grille.