97 ECSB W/ 3rd Door Ongoing Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB97

Reaction score
Figured it was time to make my build thread so I can keep track of everything as I go. Havent done much the past two weeks and will be taking a break for a bit so I don't get burnt out spending every weekend I have free working on my girl. The wife wants quality time to and can't have her get jealous of my other chick. :D Did get a lot done the last full weekend working on her. The only plasti dip left is on the rear of the cab which of course will need the bed taken off to get that part done. Didnt get any pics taken of it, was wore out from all the pressure washing. Got all the surface rust grinded off except for on the roof and hit it with primer to cover all the bare metal. Shaved the tailgate and got the handle relocated to the inside. Also did an electric fan conversion and got the new radiator in. Started working on shaving the doors but was sent the wrong popper kit so sending that back and waiting on the new one. Also got rid of the hood with the cowl and replaced it with a stock one (just not my style). Got the side mirrors to replace the ones on it falling apart but waiting to put those on.

How she looked when I bought her.
You must be registered for see images attach

Getting the plast dip off. Goo Gone is your friend for thin layers.

Shaved the tailgate and filled in the small dents.

Got new wheels yesterday, didnt really like the ones it had when I bought it.

Interior is pulled apart and getting it cleaned up and when hooking up my manual overide switch for the electric fan I found a B&M Shift Plus that was hooked up just sitting tucked up under the dash.:Big Laugh:

Future plans-

Welding the roll pan to the body and smoothing it over
Power sliding sunroof
Replace front buckets with leather buckets and get the bench seat recovered
Dynomat and new carpet
Steering wheel swap and adding radio controls - following the thread with the vette wheel swap
Pulling out the dash and doing a custom one with double din bezel for a touch screen
Thermo and compass rearview mirror
Custom center console and door panels including 3rd door
Replacing all the rubber seals around doors and side windows
2 5.25's and tweeters in the doors
2 10's with custom under bench seat box
Caddy tail light conversion
Rear disc break conversion
Tonneau Cover
LED interior lights
New tail lights, head lights, running lights, 3rd break and corner lights
Grille inserts
New front bumper
Finish body work and get new paint
Complete suspension rebuild to airbags

I'm sure im forgetting tons of stuff and things will change as I go but this list will help me keep track of what I want to do a bit. Going to be a long and expensive road but will be well worth it in the end.:biggrin:

Last edited:

JB97

Reaction score
Got the new wheels put on.

JB97

Reaction score

JB97

Reaction score
Well been a long 2 years and haven't gotten as much done on my truck as I have wanted to. Step Dad passed away summer before last so it was a year before I touched her after he passed(was what we did together). Had a house built last summer and had to sink a ton of money into that so that delayed a lot.

In the past 6 months I have done small bits here and there. Replaced the shifter mechanism and it now shifts into gears the way its supposed to. Replaced all the O2 sensors so now the check engine light is off, new headlights and tail lights are on. Switching my electric fan to a Flex-A-Lite kit so I don't have to remember to hit the switch when it needs to be turned on(coming in Friday to put in). Replaced the side mirrors and started getting the body cleaned up more. Put in breakers for accessories and loomed some of the wires to clean up the engine bay a little. Replaced the door pins now they line up the way they are supposed to and will be doing more as it starts to warm up.

JB97

Reaction score

Got the Flex-A-Lite fans put in this past weekend. Had to fab some temporary brackets until I can work out a more permanet solution. Have to say they work fantastic and cool way quicker than I was expecting them too. Check engine light is finally off and not throwing any more codes, going to start getting the interior cleaned up and ready for dyno mat and new carpet. Can't wait for the weather to get nice so I can start hitting the pick n pull to get new seats,dash and find the replacement steering wheel.