97 non 3rd door rare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
this is not a gm but the out come would be the same if it was
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
once you get the bug of doing mods and upgrades on your truck it dose not matter if they are performance or visual you will be hooked and I think you should start a build thread

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
this is not a gm but the out come would be the same if it was
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
once you get the bug of doing mods and upgrades on your truck it dose not matter if they are performance or visual you will be hooked and I think you should start a build thread
Yea ill start a budget mod thread for the ordinary guy.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
you can do lot even on a tight budget

even with the 4l60e problem you truck has I think you got a good buy there my former friend paid 3000 for his 1999 gmc K-1500 classic ex-cab stepside it all ready had a lift big tires and new 4l60e it had 150K on it when he got in January of 2020

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The C1500 Burb driveshaft is huge around too. Like 2 soda cans wide, can barely get my hand around it. And they're aluminum, with a cover on them that makes them look "black" but most of those have come off.

JS45

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@alpinecrick @HotWheelsBurban

3rd doors were options in '96, but not standard. This would remain true until '99 when all GMT400 1/2 tons were only Silverado trimmed pickups to use up remaining GMT400 stock parts. I have an early '97 made on November 29th, 1996 and I have the '97 refreshed interior.

Here's a brochure for a '96 C/K pickup

That corvette race car on page 5 is bad to the bone id love to see more pictures of that thing. ill have to try a google search

You must be registered for see images attach

JS45

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you decide to go catless you will 2 of these one for each post cat o2 DO NOT USE ON UP-STEAM o2s https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/products/vibrant-02-sensor-defouler-j-style-thread-on-bung you cold also get them tuned out but there little suport for 96-97 5 plug black boxes 98+ 4 plug black box has more suport even if all you tune out is emissions codes correct for tire size and gear ratio a 0411 pcm swap is works wonders and can do way more then the black box

blackbear performance can do a tune for 97. i think it was $3-400 dollars if i remember right. i had my downstream O2 sensors tuned out, tire size correction for speedo, the shift points fixed which is nice for acceleration as well as being in the right gear after slowing down and a firmer shift done to mine. i like it a lot. might be a bit much for some folks but i daily drive mine and it ran great already. just fine tuned things to be a little better so a bit of a steep price tag if you arent worried about any of the other stuff just the downsteam O2 sensors.