97 non 3rd door rare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
before I talk about the engine build I will ad you may want to delete this as well it is the evap system and like the egr cats and down stream o2s it must be tuned out
You must be registered for see images attach

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
before I talk about the engine build I will ad you may want to delete this as well it is the evap system and like the egr cats and down stream o2s it must be tuned out
I Have the round 1

99xcss4

Reaction score
my former friends 350 vortec build high volume oil pump roller tip rockers stock 1.5:1 ratio gm performance 395 cam the same cam that is used in the ht383/ht383e engines and the ramjet 350 it is one notch above the sock cam in a 5.7 vortec some people like it some some do not and some say it is the cam that should have been put from the factory his block was bored .40 over and he got forged flat top pistons with 2 valve releafes sock pistons have a dish with 4 valve releafes I think he got one of the last taylor-cable vmax intake manifold spacers before they were discontinued we cut the restricttor plate of the throttle body he got an upgraded spider injector 180* thermostat a roller timing set an aluminum timing cover to replace the plastic one upgraded plug wire coil and ignition module the po installed what many would call a hot air in take we put back but we made a heat shield for it bras terminal cap and rotor

99xcss4

Reaction score
the diagram will help you all you will need remove the evap purge hose that goes from the canister to the to the purge vacuum diagnostics switch plug off the the switch but leave the canister open you will need to plug off the evap purge solenoid valve do not mess with the pcv system you need it intact

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
the diagram will help you all you will need remove the evap purge hose that goes from the canister to the to the purge vacuum diagnostics switch plug off the the switch but leave the canister open you will need to plug off the evap purge solenoid valve do not mess with the pcv system you need it intact
Ok that makes sense. Will that need tuned out also? Im sorry im new to this. Thanks

99xcss4

Reaction score
yes the evap will need do be tuned out here is how the pcv system works without you will blow all your gaskets and seals

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
yes the evap will need do be tuned out here is how the pcv system works without you will blow all your gaskets and seals
Wow thank you so much. Im prob not gonna dig that far into her shes a good runner for me now but now i know what i need to do in future builds.

99xcss4

Reaction score
it is a necessary evil dump into the intake to burned with the the pcv system and the egr system are why engines get full of carbon also pcv can suck oil into the intake you can install one of these youtube is full of how to dos on this