97 non 3rd door rare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score

99xcss4

Reaction score
some thing to consider is increasing air flow in the intake tract to the freer flowing exhaust you want to do they go hand in hand the throttle body can be ported as well as the maf sensor sadly there is only one true cold air intake made for these engines that actually sucks cold air in is made by volant it is discontinued on their site but you can get on on ebay and a few other places new there are other small things you can do to get little more power torque and maybe increase mileage slightly

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
some thing to consider is increasing air flow in the intake tract to the freer flowing exhaust you want to do they go hand in hand the throttle body can be ported as well as the maf sensor sadly there is only one true cold air intake made for these engines that actually sucks cold air in is made by volant it is discontinued on their site but you can get on on ebay and a few other places new there are other small things you can do to get little more power torque and maybe increase mileage slightly
I deleted the vortec box to help some. Did increase a little

Attachments

• 20230726_202551.jpg
    20230726_202551.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 3

99xcss4

Reaction score
yeah getting rid of that box helps to make it simple an engine is an air pump the more are you can put in and force out the better
this is a list of every thing that was done to my former friends truck some of it we did some of it was all ready done when he got the truck
replaced 4l60e with a rebouilt/reman one done by a po
install 4l60e servo upgrade we
replace front and rear diff with one from a 6 lug K-2500 we did
upgrade brake system we did
po installed 6 lift and 35x12.50x15s
full front end rebuild we did
front axle actuator upgrade we did
exhaust system we did
upgrade charging system we did
full emissions delete we did
we pulled the 305 out and put in a mild 350
minor tuning on the pcm we did

I can go into detale if you want on the engine build and pcm tuning

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
yeah getting rid of that box helps to make it simple an engine is an air pump the more are you can put in and force out the better
this is a list of every thing that was done to my former friends truck some of it we did some of it was all ready done when he got the truck
replaced 4l60e with a rebouilt/reman one done by a po
install 4l60e servo upgrade we
replace front and rear diff with one from a 6 lug K-2500 we did
upgrade brake system we did
po installed 6 lift and 35x12.50x15s
full front end rebuild we did
front axle actuator upgrade we did
exhaust system we did
upgrade charging system we did
full emissions delete we did
we pulled the 305 out and put in a mild 350
minor tuning on the pcm we did

I can go into detale if you want on the engine build and pcm tuning
If you want too go into detail Id appreciate it. Its getting straight pipes no cats hopefully that helps looking towards egr delete

99xcss4

Reaction score
okay as tuning goes 96-97 limited to mail order or if you want to do it your self the jet dynamic spectrum tuner if you had a 98 or (99-00 gmt400) you could use hptuners or efi live they are way better option 3 is the 0411 swap there is lots of info on it I think you might be able to swap in a 98-00 black box but every one says it is a waste of time and money every one says just do the 0411 even if you have only a few or even no mods

if you delete your egr have no cats and delete the down stream o2 you will need a tune there is no getting around this

these are the thing we changed on my former friends pcm
we removed the speed limtter
corrected the speedometer for gear ratio change and tire size
removed all emissions related codes
he got help from some one that knows more to setup the parameters on the 4l60e
you can do way more then that but he was scared to play with the air/fuel and spark ant timing tables and I do not blame him for that I would only have some that knows what they are doing mess with them the only down from him not changing any of them is his engine was never optimized for all the mods it got