97 non 3rd door rare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
I have a 1997 k1500 with no 3rd door was that a basic factory option? or did you have to pay more for the 3rd door option? Just trying to understand my truck a little better. It also has a huge drive line like a 3500s series far as i know its stock. It dosent have the f44 hd chassis rpo code. Thanks to all who reply

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I think you could get a 3rd door in starting in 96 as far as a 3500 drive shaft maybe some one swaped it. if that is the case why not swap in the 6 lug 14 bolt with it by any chance dose any one know why the 3rd door was only offered on 1500s a 2500 3500 gmt400 with a 3rd door would be cool if you ask me any way I guess a cab swap is allways an option

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck has a 3rd door. It has the RPO code E24 which states: DOOR,HINGED SIDE REAR CARGO/SEAT ACCESS. This was a common option to get on 96-99 classic 1/2 tons, but I DON'T believe it was standard.

If you want to find out what features you have, @Caman96 gave me this great website to look up RPO codes. It's free and all you have to do is put your VIN number in

Here's my truck for comparison:

TFL Classics has a video on a 1997 Chevrolet K1500. This option doesn't have the 3rd door.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

If you're a history nerd like me, here's a sales video on 1997 Chevrolet C/K Pickups. This video was intended for car salesmen at GM dealers and wasn't meant to be viewed by the public. A bunch of old 90s and 00s videos have been leaked online and it's pretty cool if you're into that stuff. Otherwise, you'll find it boring and dry. They mention how you could get an extended cab pickup with or without the 3rd door depending on what you ordered back when you could order these trucks new.

Last edited:

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
My truck has a 3rd door. It has the RPO code E24 which states:DOOR,HINGED SIDE REAR CARGO/SEAT ACCESS. This was a common option to get on 96-99 classic 1/2 tons, but I DON'T believe it was standard.

If you want to find out what features you have, @Caman96 gave me this great website to look up RPO codes. It's free and all you have to do is put your VIN number in

Here's my truck for comparison:

TFL Classics has a video on a 1997 Chevrolet K1500. This option doesn't have the 3rd door.

If you're a history nerd like me, here's a sales video on 1997 Chevrolet C/K Pickups. This video was intended for car salesmen at GM dealers and wasn't meant to be viewed by the public. A bunch of old 90s and 00s videos have been leaked online and it's pretty cool if you're into that stuff. Otherwise, you'll find it boring and dry. They mention how you could get an extended cab pickup with or without the 3rd door depending on what you ordered back when you could order these trucks new.

Oh wow thanks yes im a history nerd lol I was just wondering in my area 2 door extended cabs are about 1 in 10 you dont see em often. But reall question i have is i have a monster size drive shaft. Same size diameter like my dads 95 3500.