97 Sierra build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks!

I put the motor in the other day, and started wiring it back up today. There are a few cut wires that I have to have fixed and I will need to do all new ground wires, as the braided copper ones were corroded and broken when i took them off.

You must be registered for see images attach

One weird thing that I noticed is that one of the power steering lines comes into the bottom differently than on my old motor, so I will only have 1 new line and one older line which isnt a big deal, as I did new with the original motor. Everything else is pretty much straight forward. The transmission needs to be unbolted and moved, as I could not line them up when dropping the motor in...might have someone else do that just because I am lazy..lol.
Besides that, I am getting closer to finishing it up!

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Prepped for bedliner. The 2 different shades of white were driving me crazy, so i decided upon one solid color. I was originally going to go with grey Raptor Liner. But seeing the cost of it all I decided to go with Rustoleum Truck Bed Coating, which I have used in the past.
Also as you can see I had a new windshield installed today also. Still need to sand and prep the grille.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
She's painted up, the cab at least. I didnt bother covering up the cab lights since I brought some smoked ones to replace these.. Also brought a new set of front lights, corner markers etc. Still need to put on the tow mirrors.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Made some good progress today. Got the bed sitting back on the frame. Installed my new front light set. Got passenger side door back together and the tow mirrors on.