96 C3500 RCLB aka Stumpy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Only pic I have for now, but the door panels are in progress. Should have them finished next week.

Had my SiL that did my headliner come by, and wrap the panel inserts with some vinyl I picked up at Hobby Lobby, of all places.

You must be registered for see images attach

Should look pretty good against a black door panel.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Interior is getting closer to being done, and yeah, I said screw it, and painted the carpet. I did use the @sewlow trick of brushing it, as I painted.

The material on the insert is a pretty good match, to the OE dark gray pieces in the truck.

Still got to get replacement lights for the door panels, found some LED ones, and paint the threshold pieces. Been putting that off, cause I know they're going to get beat up looking, pretty quick.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Interior is getting closer to being done, and yeah, I said screw it, and painted the carpet. I did use the @sewlow trick of brushing it, as I painted.

The material on the insert is a pretty good match, to the OE dark gray pieces in the truck.

Still got to get replacement lights for the door panels, found some LED ones, and paint the threshold pieces. Been putting that off, cause I know they're going to get beat up looking, pretty quick.
Looking good!

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Got most of the shifter console wrapped. Need to get some shorter staple for the top piece.

Went ahead and painted the door threshold pieces today as well.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Transmission swap is mechanically complete, just got to get the bird nest of wires where they're supposed to be. The part I've been dreading the most.

Haven't taken many pics, since it's been a dirty job, but do have a few.

The 4L80E is a good bit longer than the NV4500, so there was some modding that needed to be done.

In the above pic, the trans cross member is slid as far back as it will go, because I had to cut the NV4500 mount off, and use the center hole in the cross member, which lined it back up with the rear most holes in the frame.

Then the driveshaft had to be addressed, as pointed out in the other thread I made. Here's the two I was working with. Out of frame, but the ends that bolt to the trans are flush with each other, to show the difference in length of the front shafts.

NV4500 RCLB on top, 4L80E ECLB on bottom...

I wound up using the front shaft from the ECLB, and rear shaft from the RCLB. Worked great.

2005 Chevy Trailblazer shifter cable hooked up without issue...

I did jack the rear up, and see if I had movement in all the gears, which I do, thankfully.

Now I need to quit stalling, and go tackle that wiring.