96 C3500 RCLB aka Stumpy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Stumpy officially has working power windows, and door locks. So relieved all that worked like I hoped.

Bonus, for the first time since owning this truck, I have an arm rest...

You must be registered for see images attach

After I took that pic, I eraser wheeled the trim adhesive off, and installed the vent visor from my original door.

Still some stuff to do. Obviously paint the door panels, and some small detail items need addressing.

The cloth covered insert looks like it can be taken out, and put back, without major surgery. I'm thinking about covering it in some dark gray vinyl or cloth, that's as close to a match as the OE dark gray, that's on the steering column, overhead console, and a few other things, that are always that color, in these trucks.

Not sure what to do with the carpeted area, at the bottom of the doors. I feel like if I paint it, it's going to look like crap. Any suggestions appreciated.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure what to do with the carpeted area, at the bottom of the doors. I feel like if I paint it, it's going to look like crap.
If you kick them often, the paint will wear. If it's painted the same color I don't think it would look bad. If it's a different color, the original color will show through. I peeled the carpet off my door panels because it was in terrible shape. The carpet in the truck was beige and is painted black, and I have to touch it up every so often. That's why I painted it black, I can always find the right color paint.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
I'm constantly putting my foot there to hold the door open, so pulling the carpet sounds like the way to go. I wonder if a rubberized undercoating would hold up there? Maybe truck bed liner. The texture would give it some interest.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The power window conversion, has probably been my favorite mod so far. Total game changer. LOL

Going to order some remotes, so I can add to the fancy pants, with keyless entry.
My ‘95 has power windows and it is great. No keyless entry though. I plan on adding it next year.

My ‘94 K2500 Silverado has cruise and a tilt column, but has manual locks and windows. It would be a nice conversion but I actually don’t mind it too much.

I really wish these trucks had the auto-up function like newer trucks do. I wonder if there is a way to add this feature…

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
My ‘95 has power windows and it is great. No keyless entry though. I plan on adding it next year.

My ‘94 K2500 Silverado has cruise and a tilt column, but has manual locks and windows. It would be a nice conversion but I actually don’t mind it too much.

I really wish these trucks had the auto-up function like newer trucks do. I wonder if there is a way to add this feature…
I couldn't reach the passenger side, to roll the window up or down, so it was a pain sometimes. I was also surprised to see the auto down feature work. Auto up would be nice.

On another note, I need to do the trans swap, but I'm not looking forward to it. I'm pretty much always working by myself, and that kind of job is definitely better, with another set of hands. This is the type of work I'd be willing to pay somebody to do, if I knew somebody I'd trust to do it right.
Need to get some trans fluid too. The guy that rebuilt it, told me to get 14qts.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in the day… DEI made an auto up and down window module, could also be tied to keyless entry and programmed. (Example being: all windows rolled up when locked. Crack windows with 2 presses. All down with 2 presses and a hold.) The name autoloc comes to mind too… and I think I remember @88GMCtruck put a Camaro window module for auto down passenger side? In the ********* dually tow pig.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On another note, I need to do the trans swap, but I'm not looking forward to it. I'm pretty much always working by myself, and that kind of job is definitely better, with another set of hands. This is the type of work I'd be willing to pay somebody to do, if I knew somebody I'd trust to do it right.
Need to get some trans fluid too. The guy that rebuilt it, told me to get 14qts.

my schedule is weird sometimes but if you had everything ready, I could probably come help you knock it out in a day.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
my schedule is weird sometimes but if you had everything ready, I could probably come help you knock it out in a day.
That would be awesome, and very much appreciated. With that kind of offer, I'd make myself ready when you are. I think all I need to get is the trans fluid, everything else is here.