96 C3500 RCLB aka Stumpy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nicksuspect

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interior is getting closer to being done, and yeah, I said screw it, and painted the carpet. I did use the @sewlow trick of brushing it, as I painted.

You must be registered for see images attach

The material on the insert is a pretty good match, to the OE dark gray pieces in the truck.

Still got to get replacement lights for the door panels, found some LED ones, and paint the threshold pieces. Been putting that off, cause I know they're going to get beat up looking, pretty quick.
What year denali are those seats from?

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This may come as a surprise, but I'm thinking about selling Stumpy. I may have an opportunity to buy a '50 Chevy truck, which I've wanted for a very long time. I passed on one probably 20 years ago, and have regretted it ever since.
Did you end up with the '50 Chevy? Barn find, stock restoration, rodder? You were doing some
nice work on your C3500, so if you bought that '50 I wouldn't be surprised to see more of the same.
Possibly document this new project under the 'Other Vehicle Builds' section?

Anyway, a buddy of mine has been smitten by the '49 Chevy Trucks also. They do have nice lines.
('49 For Sale, nice photos)

Sorry to see the C3500 go, but at least it left you in better shape than
when you found it. Especially if it went to a good home. Being a curator
is an honorable way to be. :0)

Attachments

• 1949 Chevrolet 3100 Beauty Shot - RK Motors Classic Cars and Muscle Cars for Sale.jpg
    1949 Chevrolet 3100 Beauty Shot - RK Motors Classic Cars and Muscle Cars for Sale.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 1949 Chevrolet 3100 Restored Bed - RK Motors Classic Cars and Muscle Cars for Sale.jpg
    1949 Chevrolet 3100 Restored Bed - RK Motors Classic Cars and Muscle Cars for Sale.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 1949 Chevrolet 3100 Clean Interior RK Motors Classic Cars and Muscle Cars for Sale.jpg
    1949 Chevrolet 3100 Clean Interior RK Motors Classic Cars and Muscle Cars for Sale.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 2

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Did you end up with the '50 Chevy? Barn find, stock restoration, rodder? You were doing some
nice work on your C3500, so if you bought that '50 I wouldn't be surprised to see more of the same.
Possibly document this new project under the 'Other Vehicle Builds' section?

Anyway, a buddy of mine has been smitten by the '49 Chevy Trucks also. They do have nice lines.
('49 For Sale, nice photos)

Sorry to see the C3500 go, but at least it left you in better shape than
when you found it. Especially if it went to a good home. Being a curator
is an honorable way to be. :0)
The '50 fell through, so I'm back to looking. I'll be sad about selling Stumpy for a little bit, but a replacement will help. Also managed to sell what was left of the parts truck, for more than I would've gotten at the scrap yard. The guy is going to use the frame from it, so it'll get to live on as well.

I like this forum a lot, definitely the most friendly one I'm on, so I plan on sticking around, whether y'all like it or not. :)

Awe man. I understand.
I've seen your posts, and can sympathize. I've had this short vehicle attention span for as long as I can remember. Frustrates the hell out of the wife, but she knew what she was getting into.