96 C3500 CCLB lowered 454 Dually project........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I often think about getting rid of my K2500 and getting a 4dr 2wd dually. Subscribed to see it lowered. Agreed the grille would look better black instead of white.
I think it would look Better the chrome part black, but the center grill still white, its how I had my white ccsb..I thought it looked great

Live action!!

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
The Belltech stuff landed today. I had forgotten how massive all that stuff is for the 1 ton. The FedEx guy didn't look happy. :)

Got a list of stuff on the way. New grille, left front outer door handle, towing mirrors, billet grille inserts, tail gate handle bezel and such. All the lights have shipped.

Plans are to bust down the front end on Thursday night so I can order what ever I need in the way of bushings, ball joints and such and begin the lowering on Friday night.

Money is flying out the window like I was printing it.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
The Belltech stuff landed today. I had forgotten how massive all that stuff is for the 1 ton. The FedEx guy didn't look happy. :)

Got a list of stuff on the way. New grille, left front outer door handle, towing mirrors, billet grille inserts, tail gate handle bezel and such. All the lights have shipped.

Plans are to bust down the front end on Thursday night so I can order what ever I need in the way of bushings, ball joints and such and begin the lowering on Friday night.

Money is flying out the window like I was printing it.
Awesome! Can't wait to see progress

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Well, I had to make a little change in plans. Ended up having to work late on Thursday night so didn't get to work on the dually at all until late last night. After having it on the lift for the first time I saw several things that needed attention and with the limited time and help, we decided to address the drivability and wait a bit for the lowering. Hanging and less than ideal wiring, poorly replaced brake lines and such were the focus of Friday night along with getting a start on the front end. I already have plans to be out of town next week so the lowering will have to wait until after the first of the year so we went ahead and changed the pitman arm, idler arm and bracket, wheel bearings, rotors, pads, and shocks so I can drive the truck in the mean time.

We worked on cosmetic issues today by adding the new clear and led lights all the way around and new grille with billet inserts. We removed the front license plate bracket and impact strip and replaced it with a solid one instead. Took the time to sand out the radiator support and trim black it. I polished the wheels which have apparently been on the truck since it was new given the 3/96 production date stamped on them. Also got the new JVC head unit and Alpine speakers installed to replace the Pioneer unit that had a 5/95 production date. Quite an improvement all the way around.

Hopefully will be able to get the door handles, gate handle and bezel, and the towing mirrors painted one night next week. Here are some pics from today....

The previous owner had painted the grille inserts white and done all the Night Shades on the lights without removing anything. Left a mess on the support and all around all the lights. Much better after a little TLC, etch primer, and some trim black.

You must be registered for see images attach

The wheels were certainly looking a little worse for the wear but a serious polishing session made a great improvement.

I suppose this would be the money shot from today. The front end facelift makes me smile.

Kind of a bummer that we couldn't get the lowering done this weekend but we will get it done. We still have to remove the auxiliary fuel tank that I certainly don't need and deal with the 5th wheel hitch structure that is right in the way of the notch along with a lot of flaking on the bed cross members that will need to be cleaned up up and primed and painted while the bed is off. I'm going to keep on working on my list of things, drive the truck for a bit and then lower it when I have time to pull the bed and deal with the issues. I'll post some more pics once we get some more done.

Last edited:

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Looking good, the lights improve the front 1K percent!

Agreed. Pretty amazing transformation. The only lights on the entire truck that aren't clear LED's now are the marker lights in the dually fenders. I cleaned and polished them yesterday and replaced the bulbs with LED's. I plan to change all the interior and dash bulbs to LED's as well. Really gave the old truck and updated look.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I just noticed that you removed the tow hooks. GM did have an air dam that accommodated the hooks, if you're not aware of it. I used to have one.