96 C3500 CCLB lowered 454 Dually project........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Great thread! Can't believe I am seeing it for the first time.

I also have a gen vi 454 and about to do the intake and fuel stuff. That service went from about $200 to about $800 after I asked for some advice for the "while you're in there " bits. But its the right way to go after all.

Looking forward to additional updates.

Did you consider going with a OBDII reader like Ultragauge or similar for the trans temps instead of just the dedicated gauge you installed? I'm thinking of getting one but don't see many guys using them.

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Great thread! Can't believe I am seeing it for the first time.

I also have a gen vi 454 and about to do the intake and fuel stuff. That service went from about $200 to about $800 after I asked for some advice for the "while you're in there " bits. But its the right way to go after all.

Looking forward to additional updates.

Did you consider going with a OBDII reader like Ultragauge or similar for the trans temps instead of just the dedicated gauge you installed? I'm thinking of getting one but don't see many guys using them.

Thanks, The only real update to come is actually installing the 411 PCM that I've had in hand but have been procrastinating about for years. I didn't consider the OBDII style gauge.

CATman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great write up TerryH ! Just got a 95 gmc c3500 dually, few weeks ago. i like how you did a few things at a time, and kept it somewhat simple. I got more work to do on my interior, only because its just plain blue vinyl. Still just getting it running and drive good, before doing bigger items. work on the paint some at the moment. I will add some pics later.