96 C3500 CCLB lowered 454 Dually project........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Hello everyone!!! I just got home last night with my new/old truck. I've had several GMT400's in the past but haven't owned one for many years. I'm a drag racer and I decided that I wanted to build a 454 dually to pull my trailer and to drive on a pretty much daily basis. I had a ECLB dually 454 in the 90's and I loved it so here I go again.

I found this truck on Craig's list. Problem was it was 6+ hours away but we made the trek yesterday so I got to take it on a 418 mile test drive. Very solid old truck. Needs some work for sure but overall it's about as nice as I could ask for. The truck has 139,000 miles. Has all original paint except for the steel cowl induction hood and the dually fenders which need to be fixed and painted again as they have a few rock pecks as these always seem to have. I work in a body shop so no issue there.

Here's where we are starting.....

You must be registered for see images attach

The interior is in amazing shape and totally original as far as I can tell...

Motor is super clean also...

I'm looking forward to getting started on the build!!! I'll be doing a Belltech 5/7 lowering kit. In addition to fixing and repainting the dually fenders and hood, I'll be doing a complete rebuild of the front end, brakes and anything else that needs it. Adding some stereo stuff and removing the ginormous aux fuel tank from the bed. One mod had to be done before I could even get it home. The guy before me sprayed a ton of Night Shades on every light including the headlights!!! I had to stop and scrape it off with my pocket knife just so I could see to drive.

I'll be replacing all the lights with clear including LED parks and tails ASAP!!

Thanks for looking,

Terry

Last edited:

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
And here is the first real mod. It kills me that these trucks don't have lower deflectors so I picked one up last week and got it shot white so I'd be ready to get it on the dually today. They just look naked without one...

I also couldn't resist hooking it to our 28' Haulmark Edge trailer just for grins. I'm thinking that I'm going to like this very much.

Last edited:

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're lowering it! Looks like a clean truck. I miss the blue interior I had on my '95. Only difference was it had leather lol.

If you don't mind me asking. What exactly is in your avatar and signature? Go kart?

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Such a clean truck. Would really like to own a GMT400 dually someday

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're lowering it! Looks like a clean truck. I miss the blue interior I had on my '95. Only difference was it had leather lol.

If you don't mind me asking. What exactly is in your avatar and signature? Go kart?

I would have loved for ours to have leather but I guess I can't have every thing. LOL...

The dragster is what we call a Pro Mod golf cart. Basically a tube chassis like a dragster with some golf cart body work and running gear. It has a golf cart rear end and a very highly modified golf cart motor. It's powered by 30 RC airplane LiPo batteries in a 3P60S configuration. 248 volts and 2000 amps. We run in the http://nedra.com as a B voltage class dragster. Pretty wild little ride. 90" wheelbase, nearly 300 horsepower and it weighs 460 lbs.

Lots more info on Facebook @ Shock Therapy Racing and on my YouTube Channel @Terry Hatfield, if anyone is interested in checking it out. We'll also be on an upcoming episode of Fast and Loud's Demolition Theatre as we crashed in a fairly spectacular way this summer.

Here is a couple more pics and videos....

Here is the business end...

Here we are racing a VW powered dragster.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gLILcCkKwhU&list=UUfEcLerBL87Qv0RvFxVPkNQ

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow that's really cool! I've never heard of a pro-mod golf cart but I have seen a couple YouTube videos on dragsters with electric motors, it sure is something else.

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Wow that's really cool! I've never heard of a pro-mod golf cart but I have seen a couple YouTube videos on dragsters with electric motors, it sure is something else.

There are a few golf cart racers around, some gas and some electric. We love our electric cart and have a blast with it. It gets more attention than anything I've ever built. Everyone is freaked out that it runs 100 mph in the 1/8th and doesn't make any noise.