96 C3500 CCLB lowered 454 Dually project........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I wanna see if I can change the tailgate handle to a key one n stick the camera in the key lock hole so I can see the bumper n a little higher view

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you ever happen to find out what the power mirror switch bulb was??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Finally just about had my fill of the injectors leaking down. Getting ready to order the Bosch injectors from Five O, new FPR and get on with it.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally just about had my fill of the injectors leaking down. Getting ready to order the Bosch injectors from Five O, new FPR and get on with it.
+1 on the 5-0's. That's the same set I'm using (yellow), but I will be putting in 28lbm injectors in a week or so. Get the Delphi FPR if you're not already using one. Might want to look into a mail-order tune and swap to a 180° thermostat if you're hunting for a few ponies later... everyone likes ponies.

Haven't ever seen your thread yet, but looks like you do some interesting stuff. Your overhead console wired in?

Last edited:

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
+1 on the 5-0's. That's the same set I'm using (yellow), but I will be putting in 28lbm injectors in a week or so. Get the Delphi FPR if you're not already using one. Might want to look into a mail-order tune and swap to a 180° thermostat if you're hunting for a few ponies later... everyone likes ponies.

Haven't ever seen your thread yet, but looks like you do some interesting stuff. Your overhead console wired in?

I have a 411 but haven't gotten around to getting it installed. Hopefully get it in soon. I'm trying to get everything running right before I do the swap. I already have a 180 degree thermostat in it. I'm changing the FPR to a Delphi when we do the injectors. The overhead console is factory. The only thing I've added to it was the monitor for the back up camera.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 411 but haven't gotten around to getting it installed. Hopefully get it in soon. I'm trying to get everything running right before I do the swap. I already have a 180 degree thermostat in it. I'm changing the FPR to a Delphi when we do the injectors. The overhead console is factory. The only thing I've added to it was the monitor for the back up camera.

The 0411 will drive differently, but you'll learn to love it. You should be sure to install a tow/haul shifter and wire it in when you do. From what I've read 01-02 astro vans had tow shifters that you do not have to modify to fit our trucks. The fuel cutout when coasting will surprise you at first with the 0411, but its not a bad gig. Other than that I was fine with how the 411 with the bosch yellow tops when I swapped everything. If you have access to HP tuners or EFI live, do yourself a favor and bump your idle speed up to 700rpm minimum and add 25 and 50 rpm for a smoother idle.

Someone put that console in from a suburban. I don't think it was even an option till '99 or so. But hey, I put one in my truck and I love it.

Since this is your tow pig, look into remaking your oil cooler lines. They're aluminum and when they start to leak they will never stop. Some people on FSC have reported them bursting (I guess like every other hose on a vehicle) but it wouldn't be a bad idea to change them out for something better.

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
The 0411 will drive differently, but you'll learn to love it. You should be sure to install a tow/haul shifter and wire it in when you do. From what I've read 01-02 astro vans had tow shifters that you do not have to modify to fit our trucks. The fuel cutout when coasting will surprise you at first with the 0411, but its not a bad gig. Other than that I was fine with how the 411 with the bosch yellow tops when I swapped everything. If you have access to HP tuners or EFI live, do yourself a favor and bump your idle speed up to 700rpm minimum and add 25 and 50 rpm for a smoother idle.

Someone put that console in from a suburban. I don't think it was even an option till '99 or so. But hey, I put one in my truck and I love it.

Since this is your tow pig, look into remaking your oil cooler lines. They're aluminum and when they start to leak they will never stop. Some people on FSC have reported them bursting (I guess like every other hose on a vehicle) but it wouldn't be a bad idea to change them out for something better.

Thanks for the info!!

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
I posted this over in the Vortec section but not getting much response so I'll try tagging it on here...

Getting ready to do injectors on my 145k mile 454. I'm going with the Five O Bosch injectors. Also doing the Delphi FPR. While we're there doing the intake gasket and valve cover gaskets. I don't want to just throw money at it but don't want to miss anything that I should be doing at the same time.

Questions are...

1. I know the distributors are a problem area on these motors so should I replace the distributor gear or replace the whole thing. Seems for a little more than the gear one can buy a complete distributor. If that's the smart money, which brand from where?

2. No codes and it runs fine except for the warm start injector issue. Should I be doing an EGR valve or O2 sensor while I'm there?

3. Anything else I should be considering?