96 C3500 CCLB lowered 454 Dually project........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
So today my painter wants me to go with him to the local U Pull it at lunch time. I think he just wanted to ride in the dually. :) I'd never been there before. Glad I went. I found a comp/temp mirror and a nice blue right side A/C vent to replace the broken ones in the dually. $15 out the door for both. Guess I'll have to frequent the U Pull it more often.

I also took time to fab the 2" spacers for the bags last night and got them installed. I used some 2x3 tubing. I drilled the tubing to fit the bags and used some 3/4" chromoly tubing for sleeves that the bolts pass thru inside the 2x3 to make sure the bags didn't crush the spacers. Worked perfect. Lots of up now.

Last edited:

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Maiden voyage for the slammed dually and the 28' Edge race trailer today. I spent the necessary time this morning to get the bags and the equalizer hitch set just right so the truck sits exactly the same with the trailer as it does without it. I headed out south on I49 so I could see how it pulled the grades. 100 miles round trip. Man, this thing pulls the trailer great!! Good power. Great brakes and super stable on a very windy day. To my surprise it got 9.3 mpg. I was pleased with that for sure!! Here's some pics of the old girl doing what I bought it to do.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here's the hitch setup. Took a wile to get the ball height and the head angle correct but I finally got it. Bars are parallel with the tongue and the trailer sits just right. Well worth the effort.

I also took some time to get a few more pics of the truck this morning after our men's group met. The church parking lot is a pretty good spot for pics.

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Awesome! I really wish I had a white truck... My camper and on order cargo trailer are both white, would match much better. Love the look of the truck towing your trailer. Much better than all the new rigs you see these days.

Thanks Dave!!

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Been looking at/wanting to get a back up camera for the dually. I saw a post on a local FB for sale page from a guy that says he's doing them for $100 installed including the equipment. The guy has a ton of positive comments from people so I figure what the heck. Got it installed yesterday and I am impressed. They guy spent 3 hours on the install. He did a super nice professional installation job!! Should be way easier to hook up to the trailer for sure and I figured I couldn't go wrong for $100 installed.

Regular license plate mounted adjustable camera...

I debated on where to put the monitor but eventually decided to put it in the overhead console...