96 1 ton Chevy Crew Cab Cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brenan Smith

In need of 97 6.5 diesel wiring schematic help!!
Reaction score
So here goes nothin... I know most everyone wanted me to Build the green ext cab, but well part way through the build i changed my mind about the puckup i wanted to run, i sure am going to miss ole greenie shes been a good pickup but i decided i wanted more doors, so picked up this long ******* about 200 miles from where i lived for 2300 bucks, its a 96 1 ton crew cab long box paired with nv4500 behind a 350 vortec that shows 173,000 on the meter,
You must be registered for see images attach
its a little scuffed on the box but it can be fixed, for the most part its a really nice, tight and straight pickup, and what dings are there, its nothin some good body work cant fix.
So right after aquiring the chevy i also picked up a 96 ford bj dana 60 for a sas since i want to sit high without buying front end parts every full moon

reason i got a bj style is that i figured i wouldnt be doing any hardcore offroading and even the ball joints last quite a while on this style so i dont need a kingpin axle, i have already started on the swap alls im mostly just waiting for at the moment is parts to come in,

but anywho right after the solid axle, i will be moving onto the cummins and finally get it into a pickup, so hopefully within the next few weeks the sas and motor will be done and running and driving, ive got alot if plans for this build so stay tuned and ill keep you posted, thanks for readin!

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Damn, you're getting rid of the green one?

I'll book a flight and take her off your hands if you'd like :Big Laugh:
Little bummed out, but the SAS and Cummins on a CCLB will fill the void I guess, how high are you going to go with the solid axle?

Brenan Smith

Reaction score
Yes unfortunatly i am, and shes up for sale as soon as the cummins cranks so go ahead lol, and im looking to go anywhere from 4-6 in the front and at least 1 inch lower in the rear, ordering more stuff tomorrow so hopefully it will come in soon!​

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I wouldn't lose any sleep over having ball joints instead of kingpins. It's debatable whether it even matter's. The only downside to that axle is the 37" tire limit on the spring spacing, but if you're going to sit at 37, then it's great.

Brenan Smith

Reaction score
I wouldn't lose any sleep over having ball joints instead of kingpins. It's debatable whether it even matter's. The only downside to that axle is the 37" tire limit on the spring spacing, but if you're going to sit at 37, then it's great.

I havent either, not like im going to be jumping it lol, im into offroading but not anything hardcore just literally cruisin mountains and a little flexin and crawlin, and biggest i plan to run is 37s with a deep offset wheel and maybe a slight spacer to prevent the rubbing if it occurs

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I havent either, not like im going to be jumping it lol, im into offroading but not anything hardcore just literally cruisin mountains and a little flexin and crawlin, and biggest i plan to run is 37s with a deep offset wheel and maybe a slight spacer to prevent the rubbing if it occurs

I would rather use a late 60 like yours than a early 44 lol.

run96k3500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am also very interested. I want to do a SAS and diesel swap. First I need to sell my 96k3500 with the whipple 454. Then get another CCLB. Are you doing leaf springs or coilovers in the front?