94 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man I love how clean your radiator and fan cover is. Did you make it yourself or did it come with your fans?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
Man I love how clean your radiator and fan cover is. Did you make it yourself or did it come with your fans?

Came with the fan kit.

If you do order the kit, spend the extra money to buy the hose adapter and temp sensor for a much better fan operation. The basic kit comes with the radiator probe, that seems ridiculous that you only get the inaccurate temperature probe when you are spending $600 plus dollars on a kit.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Came with the fan kit.

If you do order the kit, spend the extra money to buy the hose adapter and temp sensor for a much better fan operation. The basic kit comes with the radiator probe, that seems ridiculous that you only get the inaccurate temperature probe when you are spending $600 plus dollars on a kit.
I have 05 Silverado fans I plan to install at some point but I need to acquire/make a cover/top mounting point. I've trimmed them down to fit my radiator, but that project keeps getting pushed off due to other stuff.

You must be registered for see images attach

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
I have 05 Silverado fans I plan to install at some point but I need to acquire/make a cover/top mounting point. I've trimmed them down to fit my radiator, but that project keeps getting pushed off due to other stuff.

Nice. I hope you get it to work. I did mine for better AC cooling, and just upgrading to modern technology in general, as opposed to the antique mechanical fan.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those are the same reasons I'm switching to electric. I've got the whole harness and relay setup from the 05 truck so in theory it shouldn't be too bad. Famous last words I know.

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
Those are the same reasons I'm switching to electric. I've got the whole harness and relay setup from the 05 truck so in theory it shouldn't be too bad. Famous last words I know.

Yup. But take your time and plan it right, you will get it. Electrical wiring terrified me, but I studied and planned and attempted it, and mine turned out just fine.

Just going by my fan install what the fans NEED: battery power and ground (duh), switched 12v power with key on, temperature switch or probe, and an air conditioning activation point. You may find it easier to use a universal fan controller than to figure out how the Silverado used it.

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
Not much has happened. I successfully drove it 300 or so miles last night round trip, and everything held together.

I really need to get it tuned again, but I may need to up the fuel pressure first before tuning again. I have a popping sound when decelerating, and that's indicative of low or inadequate fuel pressure causing a lean setting.

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
I fixed my battery cable and terminal issues finally. I did a top post style conversion using marine terminals instead of trying to use the side post extension bolt.
You must be registered for see images

Upgraded the fuel pump OLD

NEW

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
DIY bedliner