91 chevys first tow :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bambam78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Towed my first load with my 91 chevy 4x4 RCLB, pulled like a dream!

Hauled a vw jetta that had blown the radiator up, on a tandem axle all steel trailor, very happy with my trucks performance, even for such a small load

You must be registered for see images

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't exactly call that a small load, at least for a 1/2 ton. There's gotta be around 5,000lbs there. Nothing an OBS Chevy can't handle though! Especially a '91 RCLB ;) Your truck is my truck's twin except mine's black has a 305 and your body is in much much better condition.

bambam78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh yeah, i didn't even notice it was there until it was time to stop ;)

mines got its dents and dings and scratches,its currently getting sanded and primed for a new paint job :)

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
These trucks are beasts when it comes to pulling, i pulled a 97 grand caravan on an all steel tandem axle trailer, my truck was tryin to tuck the 35s but had no problems with pulling the load

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The first owner of my truck towed a fifth wheel camper a LOT. He bought the truck brand new, it's a '94 Chev K1500 ECSB 350. I don't know why he bought a 1/2 ton for what he used it for, but it did it fine. Transmission was in pretty bad condition when he was done with it, though.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah these half ton transmissions aren't meant for some of the abuse the rest of the truck can take.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
Oh yeah, i didn't even notice it was there until it was time to stop ;)

mines got its dents and dings and scratches,its currently getting sanded and primed for a new paint job :)
upgrade to steel braded brake lines and that'll help the soft breaking

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
My 94 ECRB 1/2 Ton w/ 305 & airbagged rear susp. has hauled 3/4 ton campers, and spent a lot of time pulling a 21' Fiberglass boat. (Atleast 5k loaded, closer to 6 with fishing gear, fuel, etc I would estimate) Literally floated around town, loved how she pulled it. Never had problems with the tow. (Forgot to secure the bowline once and she hung up under the trailers tires and KABOOM, rope just exploded, scariest sound i've ever heard come from behind my truck, lmao)