Resto - Mode L29 setup...and living in Poland

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WojTec

Reaction score
Stock intake chokes at 4500 RPM, so you're on the right path by tossing it. You might consider a 454HO cam from GM.

What year is your rig and what are your local tuning options?
When looking on efi, torque/power curves the intake is made for trucking up to 3000rpm.

Answering your question local tuners. Not for this ride. Even when Iam living in 700-800k population city - nothing so local.
Seeing here Gmt400 is like seeing F117 on the radar. Seeing big block gmt400 is like seeing Yeti.
Over all gmt400 with big block...is a Yeti in Europe.
Reason - Gvwr was >3.5ton when so you should drive it like a truck. Licens for a truck driver, register your drive/pause time. Drive not faster than 55m/h Pay taxes...ufff

WojTec

Reaction score
I used efi multiport intake to open up rpm band. Idle is a bit harder to tune with short runner intake, but low rpm torque did not really drop off much if any. Stock air box can hold a large aftermarket filter and can use 4" intake pipe to the throttle body. Much cooler charge and is worth using unless replacing with a larger box.
You must be registered for see images attach
Yes! Nice that I want to know more.
This is my napkin concept in real!
It is quite tall Holley, I see aluminium heads.
You have standard 454 or this is 3500 forged version?
What EFI you have ?

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes! Nice that I want to know more.
This is my napkin concept in real!
It is quite tall Holley, I see aluminium heads.
You have standard 454 or this is 3500 forged version?
What EFI you have ?
It is a tall deck 8.0l version that was put together with forged rods/pistons and stock forged crank. e38/t42 combination ecu/tcu from 2008 gm truck is used. I had to use 2008 or older e38/t42 ecu/tcu because 2008 was last year for a manual shift transfer case option with 4l60e that I needed for 4x4 to work correctly and segment swap to 4l80e controls.
But 411 ecu with dbw support would work as well depending on what timing reluctor is used. EFI connections is about the only place that sells 24x reluctor, while 58x set up kit is still available new gm. Throttle body is slightly higher than with a stock intake. Other option that I am working on testing is edelbrock pro flo intake, but don't have it set up and running yet.

20231014_191530-jpg.350907

WojTec

Reaction score
It is a tall deck 8.0l version that was put together with forged rods/pistons and stock forged crank. e38/t42 combination ecu/tcu from 2008 gm truck is used. I had to use 2008 or older e38/t42 ecu/tcu because 2008 was last year for a manual shift transfer case option with 4l60e that I needed for 4x4 to work correctly and segment swap to 4l80e controls.
But 411 ecu with dbw support would work as well depending on what timing reluctor is used. EFI connections is about the only place that sells 24x reluctor, while 58x set up kit is still available new gm. Throttle body is slightly higher than with a stock intake. Other option that I am working on testing is edelbrock pro flo intake, but don't have it set up and running yet.
For ProFlow - you will need a hood rise for sure !?
Do you know what you are now getting from current setup ?

Or can you help me out what will be my result of me setupe
ECU 0411 + intake+ throttle + LT headers + EFI rails+ "standard" bosch injectors + roker arms 1.7 (in total i think in parts it will be ~2000$ - that I know.)
Waht could be the result of sepnding my $$$ ?

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For ProFlow - you will need a hood rise for sure !?
Do you know what you are now getting from current setup ?

Or can you help me out what will be my result of me setupe
ECU 0411 + intake+ throttle + LT headers + EFI rails+ "standard" bosch injectors + roker arms 1.7 (in total i think in parts it will be ~2000$ - that I know.)
Waht could be the result of sepnding my $$$ ?
Big blocks get expensive. And stock set up is really not bad for what it is.
My set up is built for boost, but in NA form does outperform a stock l29. Running a stock 454 suburban(with 4.10 gears) against my version(with 3.73 gears), I still get slightly over 3 seconds faster 0-60mph times. My gearing is really not friendly with 33" tires down low, but set up for 80mph cruising between destinations.

On a stock 454, just going for intake change might not be that much of a difference. Might be more cost effective finding a whipple set up for around $3k or so.

Rough pricing - Intake with fue rails - $900, Elbow adapter - $120, Throttle body - $300, Injectors - $500, Fuel lines, fpr and related fittings - $500, Intake piping and maf parts - $350, ECU and needed wiring to then rework - $300, Pedal with module for dbw - $200, 24x conversion parts - $400, individual coil pack set up - $350 range. Then for cam/pushrods in $600 range.
Heads could use a bit of porting at that point or changed and that can run to $3k by it self

WojTec

Reaction score
Rough pricing - Intake with fue rails - $900, Elbow adapter - $120, Throttle body - $300, Injectors - $500, Fuel lines, fpr and related fittings - $500, Intake piping and maf parts - $350, ECU and needed wiring to then rework - $300, Pedal with module for dbw - $200, 24x conversion parts - $400, individual coil pack set up - $350 range. Then for cam/pushrods in $600 range.
Heads could use a bit of porting at that point or changed and that can run to $3k by it self

Big blocks get expensive. And stock set up is really not bad for what it is.
My set up is built for boost, but in NA form does outperform a stock l29. Running a stock 454 suburban(with 4.10 gears) against my version(with 3.73 gears), I still get slightly over 3 seconds faster 0-60mph times. My gearing is really not friendly with 33" tires down low, but set up for 80mph cruising between destinations.

On a stock 454, just going for intake change might not be that much of a difference. Might be more cost effective finding a whipple set up for around $3k or so.

Hah.... 3.73 is what I have and 33" are on my way.
Supercharger...let me make some reaserch. I have some experiance on naturally aspirated v8 of Benz, Bmw some R6.

2 questions tonl your setup:
1.Do I have to use DBW or that was your choice?
2. Sorry what is the 24x. Kill me Iam stupid in this one.

Ps. LT Toolman had instaled 0411 on gmt400 Burban and the only thing he dabated was a gear selector impuls to ecu.

Throttle was stock.
And no a word about 24x. His Burb was converted to NV4500 my one is with AUTO 4x4 if that is realted to "24x"

Regards
WojTec

Attachments

• received_590031689947574.jpeg
    received_590031689947574.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 1
  • received_3640855732837128.jpeg
    received_3640855732837128.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 1

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
24x would be needed to go to dbw set up. That is a reluctor gear behind the timing chain cover for crank sensor. Stock l29 uses 4x signal.

I went to dbw for various reasons. I had a 58x timing set that uses newer ecu with dbw. Also when using dbw, intake choices open up a bit because no need for iac. I originally opened up stock intake to 90mm opening which cut out iac passages. Eventually swapped intakes due to fuel rail limits.

Basic 411 swap works on everything stock, but opens options to change things

Last edited:

WojTec

Reaction score
Uff... so need some help with standard repair guys.
My ride had a new tank and pumps like 4years ago.
New FPR AcDelco was installed like 2 years ago but I was getting "only" 3.5bar on the rail when idle.
New injectors - Bosch type 5-O motorsport

All was running OK no check engine, no miss fire but only 3.5bar.

So last weekend I swapped other FPR - amazon super-duper 16$ magic 4.0bar that was broken internally out of box...
But my ACdelco...was marked 400kpa so 4 bars.

So I went check the fuel filter....and it was installed bad direction. IN was the OUT.

But.... fuel line connector was rusted badly.

Where will I find the fuel line in. From filter to FPR?
Or only the ending? Is there 5/8 with the oring a repair set for it?

Rock auto /ac delco does not have a line IN in cataloge. Only line Return.

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Inline Tube has preformed fuel line sets in stainless or oe steel

main fuel line is 3/8", return line is 5/16"

Last edited: